Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Ohio

Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Ohio

Hello! I am a new member here-just stumbled on to this site-quite by accident, but it looks like a great place to stay awhile. I am in-process of restoring a 1974 Challenger as we speak. It has been my dream to own another one since I had 2 of them "back in the day".

I am slowly putting her back together. I dropped a bundle getting 9 coats of various colors and chunks of bondo taken off the car, new sheetmetal and parts put on the body, and then I had 2001 Viper Yellow used along with gloss black. I will post a pic when I can.
She was not numbers-matching when I bought her, so I am using whatever I think looks good-and boy, this does.

Thank you for having this site. Looking forward to talking to you and meeting everyone.
Have a great day-Diane
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM

Default RE: New member from Ohio

Welcome, I'm also from Ohio, and good luck with your car. 74 is the rarest one, You can use a lot of parts from a 73 can't you? The car was the same for both years I believe.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

DianeK.....welcome aboard. Always good to hear a different perspective from the female persuasion.

I hope you stick around as it seems most gals don't stay on the forum too long and I am not sure why
as we have a great forum.

If anybody out there thinks I am wrong please let me know.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:10 AM

Hi there...and thanks for the welcomes.

I'm not sure why most girls don't stick around, but I plan to stay. I know I will be picking brains and jumping into conversations as I have a lot to learn in this restoration project I have undertaken, and making friends is always a plus! LOL

From what I have been told..yes 73 and 74 parts are interchangable as are many Cuda parts. If this isn't right-please correct me.

I had 2 Challengers-both 74 at different times. I have gone thru hell to get this one (brought her back from NY-just before 9-11), and I plan to have her screamin' and shining like the star she is when I'm through.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, DianeK. So you like restoring cars? That is very impressive. Where did you develop a appreciation to restoring classic muscle cars?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-04-2006, 09:37 PM

Thank you! I am still trying to find my way around, but so far I find your site quite intriguing. Well, I had 2 Challengers in my life. They were both 74's. The one I loved the best was the bumblebee. So when I saw one for sale in New York I went there and bought it. As for restoring them, well...that developed as sort of a necessity lol. There were 9 coats of paint, buckets of bondo, and the body that wasn't rusted was in very bad shape. Several thousand dollars later-I have my baby back-no rust, no bondo, new sheetmetal, and a beautiful new (VIPER YELLOW) paint job with gloss black accents.
I'm ready to begin putting the interior back together, but I know squat about the mechanicals...so she may be setting awhile. [sm=smiley13.gif]
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Your very welcome! If you need any help, be sure to PM me or 1 Bad Mirada (he is the Administrator). Which engines did your Challengers have? What is this one going to have when your finished restoring it?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-05-2006, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Your very welcome! If you need any help, be sure to PM me or 1 Bad Mirada (he is the Administrator). Which engines did your Challengers have? What is this one going to have when your finished restoring it?

I don't know what she originally had (I suppose I could find it off the VIN-right?) but when I got it, she had a .318 police special in it. It ran ok, but my x bought a 440 to use instead. Now I have both engines in the garage. LOL
Old 08-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

That's neat. Yes you can from the PIN but I don't know the system on the Challenger. Keep us posted.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-31-2006, 09:08 AM

Hi Diane, welcome!

Quick Reply: New member from Ohio