Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Ohio

Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member from Ohio

Great! So send us progress pictures as your car comes to life and best wishes on doing the labor yourself.

That is a lot of work but it just takes time.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:31 PM

Welcome!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:42 AM

Thanks guys!

Well..due to the monetary issue-I'm afraid it's gonna be slow going for a bit. But I do have some of the interior that I am working on as well as gathering new items (like headliners, carpeting etc) so I am ready when I actually do get that far.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back DianeK,

It is always good to plan your long term of what you are trying to accomplish with the car and in what order you want to see it happen.

Find out what it will cost, check your budget, then put a plan in place to make it happen.

Be sure to document your progress and take pictures to be able to review your progress.

Lack of planning which affects the budget is what causes most car projects to never get done.

Keep us posted and show us pictures.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DianeK

Oh to answer your question on the progress of my Chally...It's gonna be a LONG winter. []

I have the outside almost done. The sheetmetal and painting are done. I need to scrape together another $500 for a gallon of paint and clearcoat to finish it off.
THEN I can start on the inside. Like I said...a very s-l-o-w work in progress, but definitely a labor of love.
Very true. People restore know that it takes a lot of work. The only people who do this are people who have a lot of patience and love for cars. Good luck to you, I can't wait to see the after pictures. After seeing the witnessing my uncle work on his 1955 Dodge Royal, 1970 Mustang, 1971 Chevrolet C-10, and various other cars he has done, I really appreciate a fixed up car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DianeK

Thanks guys!

Well..due to the monetary issue-I'm afraid it's gonna be slow going for a bit. But I do have some of the interior that I am working on as well as gathering new items (like headliners, carpeting etc) so I am ready when I actually do get that far.
Understandable. Restoring can be quite expensive. Like Jeremiah said, post us some pictures when you get the chance.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

For a total restore, it takes the average gear head 4 years to rebuild a car.

Hang in there and the pictures will help you look at what you have done.

A successful marathon runner doesn't look at far he has to go, but rather looks at how far he has come.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

For a total restore, it takes the average gear head 4 years to rebuild a car.

Hang in there and the pictures will help you look at what you have done.

A successful marathon runner doesn't look at far he has to go, but rather looks at how far he has come.
Very true, it took my uncle at least two years to get the Royal restored and 10 years later to get the engine rebuilt. In fairness though, he put that on the back burner due to other more important things he had to do.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts