Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Ohio

Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member from Ohio

Welcome to the site Diane. The 5th character of your VIN will tell you what engine the car originally had- C=225 6cyl, G=318 V8, L=360 V8.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

Welcome to the site Diane. The 5th character of your VIN will tell you what engine the car originally had- C=225 6cyl, G=318 V8, L=360 V8.
OK...I will look that up. Thank You!!
...and thanks for the nice welcome!!
Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DianeK

Hi there...and thanks for the welcomes.

I'm not sure why most girls don't stick around, but I plan to stay.

So where have you been young lady......you said you were going to stick around but I guess you didn't like us.

I promise we all take showers and brush our teeth.

All kidding aside..........glad you are back.

So what is the status of your car?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Hey, don't make promises for me that I can't keep! Just kidding! If it helps I will clean my PC up a little.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Now that is funny!

Keep you PC clean by defragging it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Defragging. I think it could use quarantine. It's making all kinds of grinding noises when I tell it to do something and its only a year old (and I don't even abuse it). Oh well, it's a cheap Gateway piece-o-junk that the campus issued me. When I'm done, I'll buy an actually decent laptop. A Toshiba.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

If it is grinding, be sure to back stuff up periodically just in case and run chkdsk.

The wide screen laptops are coming down in price so you might look at those especially if you watch videos.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the advice. I actually save everything to my flash drive. This laptop is the campus's and if it dies, it's their problem. Like I said, I take very good care of it. I have never used the CD burning capabilities or many of the other stuff.

I only use it for the Internet and I only use the internet to watch a few things off of sites such as newgrounds.com, to reseach cars and other stuff, and obviously to chat on these forums. I never look up dirty stuff that would infect it with viruses. So it is just a piece of junk. I never really download anything either. These are cheap computers, I should know. What you pay for is what you get, and this campus bought the cheapest PCs they could find.

My father's previous labtop was a 1999 Ultra and after 4 years it was shot and it started making grinding noises after two years. That Ultra was very cheap. He went through at least three batteries in this time. His 2003 Toshiba Satellite still runs like its new and is still on its original battery. It wasn't cheap and it runs very like its new and my brother has abused it. I used it on here during July and early August.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-09-2006, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: DianeK

Hi there...and thanks for the welcomes.

I'm not sure why most girls don't stick around, but I plan to stay.

So where have you been young lady......you said you were going to stick around but I guess you didn't like us.

All kidding aside..........glad you are back.

So what is the status of your car?
lmao...well to be quite honest, I was frolicking with my girlfriends in Southern California. I told ya...I'm staying!! LOL

..and it makes a girl feel good to know she is missed.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:47 PM

Oh to answer your question on the progress of my Chally...It's gonna be a LONG winter. []

I have the outside almost done. The sheetmetal and painting are done. I need to scrape together another $500 for a gallon of paint and clearcoat to finish it off.
THEN I can start on the inside. Like I said...a very s-l-o-w work in progress, but definitely a labor of love.

Quick Reply: New member from Ohio