Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Noob hello

Old 04-13-2007, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob hello

I guessing on this but his hemi is probably going to be pushing well over 1000hp, procharged can probably give you a better answer. I would think on the street the biggest problem would be traction. I'm around 300 hp, and I have problems getting traction, let alone a monster like that.

I would say there's too many variable to play as to which car is faster. Depending on how each car is setup, normally musclecars are known for dragging and straight line performance. Most of the older cars are heavier and the weight ratio is off compared to modern sportcars, which gives a advantage to new cars on road courses. Although there's alot of technology going into suspension setup for the older cars. So I would say go with the car you like, and there's is always a car faster than yours no matter what you do
Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True statement, when it comes to the street, anything is possible. I like to keep a stock appearing car and put my money into under hood mods. And better suspension, with grippy tires. Most muscle cars are out of their element on the twisties,but stop light to stop light they usually shine. The imports use forced induction or NOS. They try to lighten the car up so they increase their power to weight ratio. Old muscle cars are made of lots and lots of steel, mixed with a little plastic. The muscle car need HP and lots of it. Then you run into the problem of traction. But when cruising, I will give up weight in order to have comfort. I also have a 3:91 rear gear and a 727 torque flite. This car is not designed for a rolling start, but a complete stop, start. You have to know what you've got and where the advantage is for you. I like my music and my heavy comfortable seats, so I try to add power to the engine to compensate for the extra weight. When you add the same power adders, such as NOS and forced induction the nod will go to the muscle car. In straight line organized accelaration contest of course. But there will always be an exception to the rule. I like a full bodied comfort ride as compared to a gutted framed gocart that will spank me on the street. Also appeal is a big part, and with attitude.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking very nice, prochargedhemi! Welcome to the site!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts