Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

poss scam

Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poss scam

Hello everyone. Just putting a word out for a possible scam that I saw in the paper. Don't know if it is one, but it's one of those to good to be true thoughts that I had. It's in the classified ads section.

70 Cuda for sale auto, v8 gold/black

got a fax on the number listed so emailed her and she responded a few days later. stated she and the car are in Oregon and she wanted around $4900 and the price included the shipping and insurance. Now I don't know if it's a scam but the pic she sent the car looks real good. It just seems to be to good, and after she emailed me back since friday I have had 5 Nigerian email scams come in. May mean nothing but buyer beware.

[IMG]local://upfiles/893/3B6DCB532DA34C5FB1E37B15C2AA2F33.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Default RE: poss scam

If the car was for real . It would be at Barret Jackson Auction.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM

I get the same stuff all the time. It's what we get for looking for a good deal.
She most likely said she was working away from home, and she would use a trusted brokerage company to keep the transaction honest. Try sending another inquiry from another email address....

She will pay shipping, and brokerage fees
Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 AM

[] Beware! Stay clear from them,I have seen them do that too,either in the local paper,or on a site like C/Lists. You know yourself,if these cars that they were selling were anything like they say they are,and for the low price they always ask.They could sell a hundred of them locally right where they are.[:'(] (LIARS) [:@]