Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Virus Warning

Old 02-15-2010, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Virus Warning

Hello,

I received a message from a SuperModer (and another one), giving me a virus warning. It seems to be phoney and actually will try to install a virus on your computer. Don't go onto the link they give you in the private message!
[I am searching now for a save way to remove it]

(If there is a subforum for such technicalities, please move this post)

Last edited by automotivedirectory; 02-15-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 AM

^ yep I'm still going through the member listings to pull out these users, what I think is happening it's the hidden links that they are using, because what happens is if anyone tyoes a specific key word that is in the hdden link it sends out he link address and bam we get the emails.

so if I type Virus, and that being a hidden key word or link, I'll get an email in my inbox with a Virus alert message.....

again I'm pullingout members with hidden links and admins and moda re banning them. It sucks member count is effected by this but hey we have TRUE members on here and that is what counts.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM

I'm still getting the messages. User names:
Cliffinzz
Admin&Moderator
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver R/T
I'm still getting the messages. User names:
Cliffinzz
Admin&Moderator
Add to that:
SuperModer
Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Those were banned a few days ago.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by canadiancanuck
^ yep I'm still going through the member listings to pull out these users, what I think is happening it's the hidden links that they are using, because what happens is if anyone tyoes a specific key word that is in the hdden link it sends out he link address and bam we get the emails.....
Per accident I did actually click on one of those, but forcefully switched off the computer. I could see that it was running some kind of installation, while I am not sure whether it installed functionally. I didn't experience any problems up to now. Did anyone else have a problem with it?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by automotivedirectory
Per accident I did actually click on one of those, but forcefully switched off the computer. I could see that it was running some kind of installation, while I am not sure whether it installed functionally. I didn't experience any problems up to now. Did anyone else have a problem with it?
if you dont have a virus/spyware remover just to be safe i would go to trendmicro.com and run their housecall program and just follow the on screen prompts, they can scan your PC to be sure you dont have any trojans or viruses.
works great and best of all its free.

as always use at your own risk.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM

Now the virus is posing as AdminModerators and threatening to contact the ISP.

Originally Posted by wp23n
if you dont have a virus/spyware remover just to be safe i would go to trendmicro.com and run their housecall program and just follow the on screen prompts, they can scan your PC to be sure you dont have any trojans or viruses.
works great and best of all its free....
I'll have a look. I'm also asking around for opinions on more IT related forums.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:19 AM

^ they too have been banned,
Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM

ok, PLEASE PM me with the culpirts, I don't need the bulk of the email, just the user name, I will advise admin and get these removed, there is no point in repeat posts expressing anger and opening more threads. The Mods and Admins are aware of the issue and have banned / removed over 100 of these users in thes past few days.

I'll be happy to get the pm's and check the IP's and we'll get them banned.

Quick Reply: Virus Warning