Notices
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going Forced Induction.

Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

The supercharger is generally chosen over a turbo on a V8 because of packaging constraints and or money. The turbo can make more power in general because it works off free power, no engine power used to run it so pound for pound the turbo makes more in the end. The supercharger is easier to install, may or may not need intercooling that is a must have in a turbo car so the plumbing is much simpler.

The 6.1L will only take 5.5 to 6 pounds of boost in stock form anyway so a turbo would seem to be overkill anyway for such a low number. The supercharger may not even NEED to have intercooling at these levels.

Hope this helped!

The
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

So let me open up a can of worms.

Why a supercharger vs. a turbocharge specifically for the Challenger. What is it about the Challenger that the Supercharger is being offered.

I am more interested in the technical vs. the marketing reasons but I would love to hear both.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:16 PM

I don't see myself spending thousands on a supercharger unless I can get 600+ hp at the crank and 500+ at the rear wheels.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: davecpa

I did notice on my order sheet for my challenger it had a spot to mark for supercharger.
You did check the box.... didnt you?
I tried to check the box but it was uncheckable... could have used some white out and a sharpie. I will try to scan it and upload it on here
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 AM

You can have that much it just is not carb approved and the motor will not last at that level without internal modifications.
ORIGINAL: choodock

I don't see myself spending thousands on a supercharger unless I can get 600+ hp at the crank and 500+ at the rear wheels.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:52 PM

M.S.R.P. for the SRT Challenger has been released, $6638.95. If you have questions ordering itch or whatever call me if I can help. Not a sales pitch I find it's better to just offer information rather than "push" our wares. The stuff I do choose to sell is always the right stuff not just stuff.

I'm always glad to help though with anything so just ask! :-)
Old 08-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

The supercharger is generally chosen over a turbo on a V8 because of packaging constraints and or money. The turbo can make more power in general because it works off free power, no engine power used to run it so pound for pound the turbo makes more in the end. The supercharger is easier to install, may or may not need intercooling that is a must have in a turbo car so the plumbing is much simpler.

The 6.1L will only take 5.5 to 6 pounds of boost in stock form anyway so a turbo would seem to be overkill anyway for such a low number. The supercharger may not even NEED to have intercooling at these levels.

Hope this helped!

The

Why a supercharger vs. a turbocharge specifically for the Challenger. What is it about the Challenger that the Supercharger is being offered.

I am more interested in the technical vs. the marketing reasons but I would love to hear both.
Thanks mjorgensen, that was good information. Yes I guess it is hard to boost it a lot when you have such a high compression ratio to start with.

On another note, do you expect a 6.4L to have a high HP limitation than the 560HP on the 6.1L.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Just a note on compression ratios:

5.7 10.5:1
6.1 10.3:1

How much boost are the 5.7's running?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: choodock

Just a note on compression ratios:

5.7 10.5:1
6.1 10.3:1

How much boost are the 5.7's running?
Yes, it would have to be 8.5 or 9 before you could really boost it higher without the expensive juice of course.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

Hope this helped!

The

Hold on, you are offering a supercharger kit and have released an MSRP for a kit and you don't know for SURE if it NEEDS intercooling ?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:45 AM

At 6 lbs of boost you want the intercooling. You may also want to carry a couple large box's so when the OE assembly comes a part you can collect the parts from the side of the road.

Quick Reply: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov