Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

2006 Ford Mustang Giugiaro Concept

Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Ford Mustang Giugiaro Concept

i can certainly see your (and amandas) point, but what about in a luxury car?

on a side note, the leather in my lebaron convertible would get scortching hot in the summer....it would burn through clothes...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM

I know luxury would be Leather. Maybe they can come up with an alternative, that isn't the basic cloth. Have you seen the new exec chairs that are made of that microfibre? Now that would be nice. They are very comfy. I am going to get one for my home office.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator

my "office chair" here is a swiveling lazy boy...

i spend 12 hours a day in front of my computer...i want to be comfortable...[8D]
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 PM

I spend about that much time in front of a computer a day. But don't think the company will get ame a lazy boy. . Have to have what they provide because every office area has to be the same. Like, when I went to Farmington Hills, the cubicles looked the same as here.

At home., no room. The room 3rd bedroom is small enough, but it has my corner desk. a treadmill and Boflex. and a small TV.

I should though hit the carshow. It is here this week. But the motorcycle show is also this weekend. I should go to both. But it is all about the time. I haven't seen anything on if the challenger is there though. Usually when that is there, there is a right up about it. If I do go, I will take the camera.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick: LOL! on the short shorts joke!

TechmanBD: I understand what you mean. Although I've never been to Southern California, 119F would burn bad enough on cloth let alone leather. There are nicer grades of cloth interior. The stuff that is in the previous GC is really good quality stuff (I haven't been in the current one so I can't compare it). Since they have a "premium leather" perhaps they should consider a premium cloth for those in extremely hot states.

Oh and BTW, quit your complaining about the chairs you guys have at work, at my campus the chairs have absolutely zero cushion. The classrooms at my highschool and below also had zero cushion to them, and we weren't allowed to bring in any cushions (unless for medical reasons).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

If you want looks, Leather is it. If you want practicality, I like cloth better. During winter, you can sit on the
seats naked and not freeze your butt off and during the summer you can sit on the seat naked and not fry your go..... off.

In Texas, you can burn yourself on the steering wheel, gear shift, and vinyl/leather seats during hot summers.

If you have excellent quality foam rubber and premium quality cloth, that is my choice but I bet the Challenger will mostly come in leather.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Out of curosity, how cold does it get in Texas. They have seat warmers for that purpose.

Your right that leather is what it will mostly be offered in. Nowdays, leather is becoming more and more popular. I like it if it is good leather (ex. Chrysler's premium leather, Cadillac's leather, Mazda, Honda, etc.), but it it is cheap leather (Pontiac leather, 90s Buick, Ford leather) then I'd rather have cloth but if it is the supercheap cloth (found in last Firebirds & Camaros, 97-03 Grand Prixs) I don't know what I would prefer.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-05-2006, 11:18 AM

I didn't realize Texas got that cold either.

Luckily where I am at, I don't worry about getting too cold. But that can always change one day. or year. Have to wait at least 5 more years before we get move out of this area. But not sure where to. I would like to get out of CA, but she is not sure. It would have to be a place that doesn't get snow, because she doesn't like it.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Last week it was around the 20 degrees where I'm at. Everytown around us got hit hard with Ice and Snow except us (thank goodness). This week is a lot warmer thankfully.

So why do you have to wait five years to move out of CA? Have you ever thought about Oklahoma? My cousin has lived in Midwest City (not far from Oklahoma City) for around 35-40 years. They never get snow and their summers are mild, just watch out for tornadoes is all.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-05-2006, 01:22 PM

The wife needs 5 more years to get full pention from her union.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ford Mustang Giugiaro Concept