Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Backup plan?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Backup plan?

I'd go back to my original plan of a few years ago and buy a '70 Challenger. Then do some conservative resto-mods to make it a great drive-it-anywhere car.

I put off buying the '70 when I heard the about the new Chally. If dealer markups make a new one too expensive, putting the money into a true musclecar classic makes more sense to me.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

We've already discussed this topic before, but that was a while ago. I would probably go with a Charger R/T or SRT-8. I want a muscle car or a full-sized high-powered V8 while I can get one. I might also consider getting a used Viper. You can find those at a reasonable price with low miles.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 AM

If i can't get a challenger for the price i wnat i will look at the new Camero or a new Mustang GT
Old 02-03-2008, 04:17 AM

there is no backup plan, I'm getting an 08 tangerine, currently have f150 supercrew lariat 4x4, sport trac, and accura TL type S, which is very fun to drive
Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 AM

I'll be officially ready for a Challenger when the lease on the Camry is up in Sep 09 (can't come soon enough for both events). If by some chance the dealers are still trying to gouge the holy hell out of the Challengers or I can't get what I want, I'll "settle" for an SRT8 Charger, maybe a slightly used Statutory Grape one (a.k.a Plum Crazy). Or I might go for an 06 Inferno Red Ram SRT10 standard cab.

By that time I will have been driving my 04 Ram Hemi for 5 years and also the wife's Camry for what I'm sure will have seemed like an eternity... I'll definitely be ready for something with some serious speed!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

RLSH700,

Yeah, I was relaying that to a friend the other day and started to wonder why I wouldn't go that approach, then I remembered how particular the wife is about not having the kids clutching for life to the hood of the car as we go places!

I really did wonder though for a moment before remembering, oh yeah kids....oops....

So, I'll just encourage one of my co-workers to do this on behalf of me.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 AM

my backup plan was buying some scale models as saying that was my Challenger, but diligently saving and paying off everything else, that backup is now reduced to only getting a sublime Challenger SRT8. I am ready for the day to make that order, but considering there has already been a two year wait I can wait just a little longer. As for now, I'll just continue to milk every mile out of my '93 Dakota and the wife drives her '04 Durango.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 AM

My back up plan has 3 folds for Sep.
1. I get an R/T ( best case)
2. I get an new Ram 1500 R/T (if true)
4. I get a Mustage Bullit or GT
Old 02-03-2008, 10:51 AM

I'd just go without. I don't need a new car; the Challenger is probably the only one I might pull the trigger for.... probably find another classic for the fleet instead, since even if I did get a new Chally, it would still be more of a toy than daily transport anyway.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

i hear you there...we dont have any need for a new car...im more worried about where im going to put some of them when that time comes. our driveway holds 5 vehicles and we have a slab out back in front of the shed where i keep the ramcharger in the summer...so six cars, and were maxed out...right now, we dont have the mirada or demon here...

Quick Reply: Backup plan?