Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Old 01-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Well, I like guns. Especially tactical handguns, rifles, and semiautomatics. Automatics are cool but not practical unless you are in a war like our American brethren (Stay safe guys). I also like high performance/quality air rifles.

Check out my toy. Can anybody figure out what it is?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/11556C7CEAA04CD6827D2B80EC27EBE6.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned

Default RE: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Nice gun. I can't tell what it is though. Speaking of guns, besides cars, in my spare time I lift weights. I also enjoy drawing and writing, and some guitar every once in a while.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM

Drawing, cooking, and anything having to do with movies, be that watching them, writing them, editing them or anything else.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, I like guns. Especially tactical handguns, rifles, and semiautomatics. Automatics are cool but not practical unless you are in a war like our American brethren (Stay safe guys). I also like high performance/quality air rifles.

Check out my toy. Can anybody figure out what it is?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/11556C7CEAA04CD6827D2B80EC27EBE6.jpg[/IMG]
That appears to be the sniper rifle of choice for the elite squads in the US military.
Not sure of the make, but it sure looks like a .50 cal. Maybe an Armalite AR-50 or an LAR Grizzly?

I'm a bit of a "gun buff" myself. I have a Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" blued .44 mag pistol, A Remington 700 ADL in .270 Rem, and a Mossberg Crown Grade 12 ga combo shotgun (vented rib 28" bird barrel w/chokes, and a 24" rifled slug barrel). Sold my muzzle loader and TC Encore pistol (in .308 Rem) last year.
I like to "sim race" in a league on the computer - when I have time, and I enjoy listening to music and writing/performing/recording it.

You said "besides cars", right?

Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

HeyItsWes, good for you. It will keep you bones/muscles and tendons strong. I have been lifting weights in some fashion or another 3 times a weeks for several decades now.

Don't forget the cardiovascular/flexibility side of staying in good physical shape.

So besides physical, also include mental and spiritual as well and you will be well rounded.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Justinec101, I watch movies all of the time and love to keep up with gadget and especially if it pertains to audio/video stuff of any kind.

I have over 100 movies on laserdisc since 1990 and more than that on on DVD. Since it appears that Blu Ray has one the format battle and I may get myself an HD player now.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

BootCamp, I am going to let a few other people try to guess the gun if they can before I tell what it is.

I was a trained (that means I took sounds classes by sound professionals) sound guy for contemporary christian bands for 3 different churches. Allen Heath is my favorite board. I use Sound Forge 8.0 for editing and mixing sound but only for my listening pleasure.

As much as I like music and I played Saxophone for 5 years and organ for 4.....I am not a musician nor can I sing (I just make noise).

I am better at doing the technical stuff.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

This may seem strange but I like to use my analytical skills when I buy technical stuff.....like to camera and voice recorder that I bought recently.

I am currently looking at what calibers and rifle I would like get next but it is difficult because we are kind of in a lull in caliber develpment and what is taking of in the market place.

When I retire, I would like to also build a few cars.....like a kit car GT40, which is my dream car.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM

Well I've always been a huge music buff, being a former DJ, so I guess music has always been my second passion. I've also been spending alot of time writing articles for the wikicars website - if anyone hasn't seen it or ever heard about it, here's the link

http://wikicars.org/en/Main_Page

I've probably done or at least contributed to about 100 articles so far (the Dodge Challenger page being one of them - that was all me). Ironically though, as much as I enjoy writing, the writing and my passion for music have never coincided - I've never had the talent for being any sort of songwriter... unless you include some bar sing-alongs with lyrics that shouldn't be mentioned here.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yankee, which Dodge Challenger page are you referring to that you wrote.

I know what you mean about the song writing.

I guess I use the side of my brain that is better for technical/analytical stuff, and the other side of my brain for creativity....I guess I was born without.

I have to work real hard to write a poem for example, but when I am finished, it is usually not bad. It just does not come natural for me.

Give me a technical magazine and I will enjoy that alot.

Quick Reply: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: