Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

tom, i thought that you were a professional fireman?
No... my day job is a systems engineer for a big New England based defense contractor..... being a full-time firefighter would probably have been more rewarding, but wouldn't have paid as well.... and I get to experience the rewards that come with the job anyway, just on a small-town scale.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, no other hobbies except cars. My job and my cars take up most of my time. The rest is spent reading and discussing the Bible and I watch a little true crimes shows on TV. I cook out with my brothers and sons and that seems to be all the time I have in a week. Where do you guys find the time? The hobbies you guys mention sound real exciting, guns and writing. Maybe one day when I retire at 75 I can squeeze a few more in
Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

I have a mossberg .22 plinkster, mossberg 20 gauge, hi-point 9mm pistol and a winchester .308 (i also inhereted a model 18??winchester 30-30) from my grandpa.

DON'T WORRY I HAVE NOBODY ON MY HITLIST.
Good to know, I'll make sure to stay on you and the others good side....[sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=violent053.gif]

I sold suits for a while which got me started reading about Men’s fashion, so I like learning about men’s clothing. Like how a suit is supposed to fit and things like that. I have a nice tie collection now that I think about it.

History is something that dpeending on the topic I love to read and watch movies about. I love cooking as well and I would love to learn how to bake and I want to take up husbandry

I also like to exercise and I have taken up jogging, I was up to seven miles but after an accident and school I am now around three. I would like to take up lifting weights but I need more space. I have dumbbells in the kitchen. As most can tell by my signature I try to be upfront about my faith. I plan on starting my own bible teachings and study videos on Youtube

For those who are interested here is my page; haven’t put any vids up, but have accumlated some good vids:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jprobert1987
Old 01-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Yea I am tempted to buy the PS3 now since the format war seems to be over. I was honestly going for hd-dvd because of the price factor, but I guess now sony will have to find a way to get the costs of the players and discs down to compete with regular dvd. I'm going to wait until movies are more reasonably priced. Paying an extra $15 over the price of a regular dvd isnt worth it for a clearer picture in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

keep in mind that several large movie companies have committed attention to bluray now...
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Besides cars, there is Motorcycles, actually this falls above the love of cars.

bass guitar, currently another project. I bought my Fender Bass in 90, looks all heavy metalish and now would prefer a Jazz Bass, so I bought new jazz pickups and currently it is pulled apart, I sanded down to the wood and in the process of repainting it, cheaper than buying a new bass and makes for a fun project.

Strumming the 6 string, just bought a cheap Epiphone Les Paul Special II. But for the price, it still sounds good.

Scuba dive occasionally.

RC Vehicles.

And computer games, preferably special ops type, favorite being Splinter Cell series. Can't wait for March when the next one comes out. I am currently playing Crysis, awesome game.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 AM

I'm like TechmanBD, during the summer I have a motorcycle, jet ski's and a 4 wheeler. I'm always out playing in the summer time, obviously while I'm not at work

I enjoy electronic designing and circuitry. Every once in a while I'll come up with an idea and then make it work. Sometimes it not worth the hassle when you can buy the samething for a couple of dollars, but it's still fun.

My lastest project is listed in the 70 engine section, if anyone has advice to give. I want to design a 6 pack fuel injection either using TBI's or a MPI. I'm still in the learning stages, so this one might take a year or so to complete, hopefully with great success.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 AM

Looks like an Airforce PCP Condor air rifle................
Old 01-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Since everyone's sharing.....Springfield 1903-A3, Ruger 44 Super Blackhawk Blued 8" Barrel, Smith and Wesson .357 Stainless 6", and few other odds and ends...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM

I also like
1. Dirtbiking(i ride a '94 Honda XR 100)
2. Snowmobilling(ride a '98 Polaris RMK 600)
3. Working on cars with the old man
4. Making cakes with my sister
5. Wakeboarding(I have a 2006 LiquidForce Evolution)
6. Fishing
7. Hunting(shot my first deer in about September, GOOD JERKEY!)
8. Working on engines.

Quick Reply: Besides cars, what is your favorite hobby?