Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Challenger Friendly Movie

Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Friendly Movie

Quintin Tarantino's collaborative effort with a number of other directors is a pretty darn entertaining 70's B movies spoofing double feature. Truth is, the two films, Planet Terror and Death Proof are way over the top with outlandish plot lines but you just gotta love babes with REAL breasts, men with REAL chest hair and a gorgeous bomb shell with a REAL M-16 prosthetic leg (complete with grenade launcher!!) But the Pièce de résistance is the Vanishing Point tribute car chase scene that begins about halfway through Death Proof. I wouldn't be surprise if Tarantino isn't on this forum because the guy is obviously a MOPAR fan. Hey Tarantino, one thing. Tell your writers that the proper way to say talk about the Challenger is to say, "1970 Dodge Challenger with a 440 wedge motor", or "Wedge Big Block". But never say "...with 440 engine." Just doesn't convey the same bad-ass image required. Oh yeah, one more word of advice. HEMI!

This is a must see movie for any MOPAR-rotsy, man, woman, child...over age 40
Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 AM

Default RE: Challenger Friendly Movie

I don't know if I would call it a "Challenger Friendly" movie...but the Challenger does get a lot of air time............................(I thought Vanishing Point was a "Challenger Friendly" movie...until the last 5 minutes or so....)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM

Hey things were going great until they decided to perform "The Captain and 1st mate". And what else were they suppose to do once that crazy '69? Charger came along?? You have to admit it was a very interesting twist on the psycho-killer and helpless sexy women story.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 PM

They also destroyed, I believe, 13 Challengers in the filming of that movie. I've read where several people who sold Tarentino their Challengers were angry that he'd wrecked them, since they didn't know that was going to happen. Apparently, the purchases were made through front men who didn't say the cars were for a movie.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

I don't know if I would call it a "Challenger Friendly" movie...but the Challenger does get a lot of air time............................(I thought Vanishing Point was a "Challenger Friendly" movie...until the last 5 minutes or so....)
Did you know that the car in the final scene of Vanishing Point was a Camaro not a Challenger? so the movie did have a happy ending

[:-]
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 AM

Yeah, if you look closely, the hood comes between the dozer scoops pretty much intact and the gill slits are missing.

ORIGINAL: rickerda

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Did you know that the car in the final scene of Vanishing Point was a Camaro not a Challenger? so the movie did have a happy ending

[:-]
Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 AM

I think Bruckhiemer killed a total of 13 '67/68 Mustang Fastbacks making the new 'Gone in 60'. He kept the best of the lot for himself which was the clonker at the end of the movie and had it fully Resto-mod'd into an Eleanor. The car was an actual Big block Shelby so he made certain it could be brought back to full Shelby status without too much fuss.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM

I cant stand seeing Musclecars getting wrecked in Movies! Turns me off and breaks my heart. Almost as bad as seeing em rot away beside someones house with the owner standard "Im gonna fix er up someday" line. Restore em or sell to someone who will I say!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:41 AM

Just found a '68 Camaro in just that condition. The owner just had it sitting there rusting away and I talked him into selling. Then he writes $3,500 across the windshield! Too rich for my blood, right now. I didn't crawl under it to get a better feel for the level of rust but after getting bitten BADLY by a Mustang with a rusted out cowl I'm a little gun shy. If it turns out the car is in really nice condition, maybe...
Old 01-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Loved Deathproof... Watched it 3 times when we rented it!

Quick Reply: Challenger Friendly Movie