Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chrysler might be auctioned off

Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler might be auctioned off

pardon my laziness if it has been touched on, but i have heard about toyota being interested.

i dont know of the source, but i read an article about it...you should all know by now that i dont make up rumors to spread...

the article that i read about it was discussing about how GM only wants chrysler because they dont want toyota to get it. the concern is that should toyota, or some other import company, buy chrysler, they will instantly have full scale opposition against GM and FMC, across the US. it should be obvious to everyone who watches television that toyota is trying to jam themselves deep into the US market...they have already snuck past our guard of rednecks, and they have vehicles in every type of nascar racing, as well as the NHRA...tons of new commercials and such, combined with the fact that they build decent cars...compared to the relatively poor quality of the US cars, especially GM.

If a japanese company gains acccess to one of the big three, they will sweep quickly through the country, and they will gradually absorb the new company. should it be chrysCo, we will have normal dealerships for now, but over time, they will begin making money the way that the do now...by not having things made here...over time, everything will be outsourced away from the high-cost labor unions and mgmt teams that are pulling the big three into the crapper now.

i love seeing people who are big 3 mgmt sweat about sales rumors, as their extremely high pay, thus the high pay of unskilled union workers below them, is passed to the consumer, which is why the price of cars are so high for such crappy cars. if it wasnt for the greedy execs making millions, and the unskilled union labors making 30 bucks an hour, cars would be cheap like they the imports. there is a reason that "buying american" is so expensive...its because we try so hard to make our unskilled laborers live the good life...as opposed to other countries, where people whose skills are worth nothing get paid nothing.

its only a matter of time before the big 3:

1. are gone
2. are owned by foreign companies
3. wises up and stops paying people 6 figure salaries to mop the floors of the factories, thus lowering the cost of the end product.

they lose money because they pay people WAY too much to do WAY too little...GM may buy chrysler, but its only a matter of time before they too are auctioned off...this country is going down the drain right behind the auto industry, because every retard who holds a crap job in this country expects to make a million dollars a year, and labor unions support their cause.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't heard much about Toyota having interest in Chrysler. When it was discussed before, I was not in favor of the idea. I agree that if they would do it, they would do it to posture themselves as American and they would probably get rid of Chrysler's heritage. I also think that due to Toyota's increase in quality issues will hurt Chrysler.

I agree that part of the problem is that both the unskilled labor union workers are overpaid as are the many of the executives. When the company is losing money, all should have a pay cut. The other half is their marketing but you have heard that from me at least one hundred times on this forum alone, let alone DF so I'm not going to get into that.

The thing that amazes me also is where they build factories. Why do they insist on building them in the heavy union areas? Why not take a page from the Japanese and build in the non-union areas of the country, instead of either outsourcing when they get fed up with the unions.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator

unions are big business, and big business runs this country...ask 'tucker"...we have allowed these groups of bullies, which go by the term "labor unions" to run far too much in this country. a factory from the big 3 has to be union, as they have contracts with the unions. trying to open one in the US without hiring union laborers would be a breech of contract...im sure. so its not a matter of the area, but of the company. companies tried getting around paying ridiculous union wage back in the day, and scumbags like jimmy hoffa put a halt to the trucking industry...

its a catch 22 for the auto industry, really...they are stuck with a majority workforce who knows that they are protected under the union, so they do as little as possible, with the lease amount of effort, and they are safe from losing their jobs. so the industry has two options..

1. continue paying ridiculous wages and pass that cost onto us
2. refuse to deal with unions, and then struggle to get anything done at all.

the problem is that every union supports each other...if you dont hire union labor, suppliers that are union run wont supply you with materials, even if you can find laborers.

labor unions were created a long time ago to prevent people from unfair conditions in the work place, and to prevent against unfair wages, but now there are so many laws and govt policies against unfair wages, the union is ONLY there to shield lazy workers.

i knew a kid who got a job with a steamfitters union...he had recently been given a newer nissan pickup as a gradtuation gift..it wasnt brand new, but it was a nice truck...he didnt actually get it for free, as much as he took over the payments, which werent much. once the union hired him, he had like 30 days to sell it, as he wasnt allowed to bring a truck built by non-union labor to a union job site. so he started getting a ride from someone else...not good enough...they made him sell it, if he wanted a job. after that, they would bitch if he wore clothes that werent made in the US...its all ridiculous.

its a racket..no different than the mafia or street gangs...except these extorionists are backed by the govt.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:15 PM

I agree, we see so much on TV as well that everyone expects to live like a movie star instead of having to work for what they get.
ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

pardon my laziness if it has been touched on, but i have heard about toyota being interested.

i dont know of the source, but i read an article about it...you should all know by now that i dont make up rumors to spread...

the article that i read about it was discussing about how GM only wants chrysler because they dont want toyota to get it. the concern is that should toyota, or some other import company, buy chrysler, they will instantly have full scale opposition against GM and FMC, across the US. it should be obvious to everyone who watches television that toyota is trying to jam themselves deep into the US market...they have already snuck past our guard of rednecks, and they have vehicles in every type of nascar racing, as well as the NHRA...tons of new commercials and such, combined with the fact that they build decent cars...compared to the relatively poor quality of the US cars, especially GM.

If a japanese company gains acccess to one of the big three, they will sweep quickly through the country, and they will gradually absorb the new company. should it be chrysCo, we will have normal dealerships for now, but over time, they will begin making money the way that the do now...by not having things made here...over time, everything will be outsourced away from the high-cost labor unions and mgmt teams that are pulling the big three into the crapper now.

i love seeing people who are big 3 mgmt sweat about sales rumors, as their extremely high pay, thus the high pay of unskilled union workers below them, is passed to the consumer, which is why the price of cars are so high for such crappy cars. if it wasnt for the greedy execs making millions, and the unskilled union labors making 30 bucks an hour, cars would be cheap like they the imports. there is a reason that "buying american" is so expensive...its because we try so hard to make our unskilled laborers live the good life...as opposed to other countries, where people whose skills are worth nothing get paid nothing.

its only a matter of time before the big 3:

1. are gone
2. are owned by foreign companies
3. wises up and stops paying people 6 figure salaries to mop the floors of the factories, thus lowering the cost of the end product.

they lose money because they pay people WAY too much to do WAY too little...GM may buy chrysler, but its only a matter of time before they too are auctioned off...this country is going down the drain right behind the auto industry, because every retard who holds a crap job in this country expects to make a million dollars a year, and labor unions support their cause.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

As I have expressed in the past, I don't like unions either. The unions killed the factories and coal mines in my hometown and many of them have connections to the old families, which just gives them even more power over the town. They hated me because my family has no ties to unions and they are cruel to non-union small building companies. They are protesting like crazy because the new Holiday Inn in our town is being built by non-union employees. My brother was very ticked when he had to deal with them.

The thing that really says how evil some of these unions are, is the fact that some unions have mafia ties. That says alot about them. About the Nissan truck situation, I know what you are talking about. My uncle who used to work at Ford said that they wouldn't allow their workers to have vehicles built by non-union workers.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Ditto......I am all for getting rid of our unions.......this country cannot survive a global economy with unions. Look at what happend to our steel industry.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Feb...rysler,00.html
Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

That pretty much gets rid of any fears of Toyota taking over. The only auto manufacture who seems interested is GM. I'm routing for Magna. How about you guys?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-27-2007, 07:29 PM

LOL, I knew that I better post a link to back this up 'cause otherwise youse guys would think I was posting while drunk again if I just threw a curve ball and said Chrysler was going to get involved with a Chinese Auto Maker.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Feb...rysler,00.html
Old 02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Actually that was for a deal to make the new Chery Hornet (excuse me Dodge Hornet). It isn't a buy out or merger.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Chrysler might be auctioned off