Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chrysler planning stand-alone service centers

Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler planning stand-alone service centers

Chrysler planning stand-alone service centers
Posted Apr 18th 2008 10:01AM by Michael Harley
Filed under: Plants/Manufacturing

As Chrysler moves ahead with its "consolidation strategy" (a.k.a. Project Genesis), it's apparently had enough foresight to realize that shutting down dealerships seriously handicaps your ability to service your customers. According to Steven Landry, Chrysler executive vice president of North American sales, the company's solution will be "stand-alone service stores" -- it is easiest to think of them as dealerships that have closed, but the service department still remains open.

While the first stand-alone service store is still about two years from opening its doors, Chrysler is in active talks with a handful of other retailers about the strategy with customer service as their goal. "If we all of a sudden go from 80 stalls to 40 stalls we don't want to do our customers a disservice," says Landry. "You need to have the right number of stalls." Funny, any woman at a professional sporting event could have told you that.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler planning stand-alone service centers

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

"You need to have the right number of stalls." Funny, any woman at a professional sporting event could have told you that.
LOL! Reminds of the time my wife and I went to a Jimmy Buffet concert in Dallas and she had to use the restroom. Well, I swear the womens line was at least 75 people long from the entrance to the door.. so I grabbed her hand and said follow me and led her to the mens room. LOL, you should have seen the look on my face when we got in the mens restroom.. there was a guy outside of each the stalls "gaurding" their wife/girlfriend/misses, whatever! So like the loving and caring husband I am I did the same.. while bs'ing with the guys left and right of me gaurding their stall