Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Dead Forum

Old 04-14-2010, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Forum

Man, is this forum dead or what????
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you have to participate for there to be any comunication. As is all Forums it heats up and cools down. Depends on the subject. When the 2011 Challenger is reveiled to have the 6.4 I believe alot of folks will be in the mood to talk. Seems some of the press have been a little critical of the R/T and SRT-8 and look for Dodge to answer as Ford has with the 5.0. It is what it is and for die hard MOPAR guys we thank Dodge (even in their weakened state) for giving us something we waited almost 40 years for. So I will do my best to respond and try to stimulate some interest. I just don't want to make it a hatefest against the other brands.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Default Dead Forum?--I don't think so-BUT.

I've only been on this site for awhile,but I already interacted with some really great people. In MY opinion though I believe the economy has affected who is able to buy a challenger--how much we have to spend on upgrades---how much time we have to spend IN & ON the cars themselves which leds to HOW much we talk about most topics on this site. I also believe that there are too many members who try to be POLITICALLY CORRECT --I'm not one of them.The Gov't -- EPA -- Ralph Nader and others put an end to the Challenger and performance cars in 1974--if you don't see this happening again--your BLIND.We can't make our own people responsible for their actions (wefare,heathcare,child support,crimes) but we can save the World by taxing our carbon footprint.If you love cars and motorsports-----this current political environment DEMONIZES YOU!! Do you feel guilty for driving a perfomance car---I DON'T
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya cfan. I demonstrate on a daily basis. $3.09 a gallon and I have put 30000 miles on in just over a year. My other cars are 70 GTX 440-6 and a 70 Challenger R/T 340. If I drive them it gets worst. So no PC for me. LOL
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 AM

Talking

Is far as I'm concerned the tree huggers can all go to H*ll. In fact I'll save them a hot seat. I intend to burn as much gas as I can before I go. And I will not give it a second thought. I love my cars and I'll enjoy them till I die!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 PM

The forum is a little slow, but I'll take quality over quantity.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Here are a couple of things that happened. We had major viruses that caused us to upgrade to to forum software and we changed to a new server. We lost a lot of data including passwords. When people couldn't log on, many never came back. At that time the traffic on this forum was crazy. You could have 4 pages of new threads to look at on any given day. Then economy went down a lot of Challenger interest waned and so here we are today.....slower but quality traffic.

Enjoy the forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Yep and the Challenger Registry with a link to the other site didn't help!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Talking

Yes, the forum has been a bit slow lately, but if you think it's dead, try starting a new and hopefully interesting thread that members can response to. You will be surprised how much the traffic will increase. It's all about participation....so don't wait for someone else to post...get out there and post something yourself. It's fun and as far as I know, no member has even been hurt during the process....and most members don't bite...well there are a few that I wonder about , but for the most part you are safe
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Cool

There is a thread that reads like a novel. Lasted over a year and over 5000 posts.
https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/
This was the place to be pre-Challenger

Quick Reply: Dead Forum