Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Dodge pays respect for those that risk their lives to defend the U.S.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge pays respect for those that risk their lives to defend the U.S.

Yes sir, BC, congratulations on your son. I can imagine the slow sense of relief as you start to witness the good upbringing paying off. You can only take them so far, and then hope for the best. Looks like he's heading in the right direction.

He could split the difference, finance some of the car and put half towards a house.

Regardless, it's encouraging about the potential of youth and the myriad of opportunities afforded your son.

I can't think of too many things more apropos than a proud young man serving his country, pulling on to a military base in the deep south in a finely tuned precision instrument of speed and power produced by the fine folks of Mopar!

Perhaps, back to the whole music thread, Mississippi Queen blaring through the MyGig to boot would top it off nicely.

I have some good friends who were stationed in the Air Force outside of Buffalo. Not sure if that base is still open, but if it were, maybe a path back to NY for your son.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Dodge pays respect for those that risk their lives to defend the U.S.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for the well wishes and thanks. We ARE very proud of him. When we were in San Antonio during his post graduation "town pass", he was approached by several people who thanked him for his service. I could tell he felt a bit uncomfortable with it at first, but got a bit more used to it by the end of that day (it was his first time off the base since beginning BMT). It's a very pleasant change from what servicemen heard when I was his age (cries of "baby-killer" and more colorful metaphors I can't list here).

Thank you, Greg, and everyone else who's served in defense of our Nation - in all branches of the military. The sacrifices made over the last 230+ years by so many have meant so much to all of us. There aren't enough appropriate words to convey the sense of gratitude we feel. I fly the Stars and Stripes every day, not just Veterans Day and July 4th. My friends and family are away from their loved ones every day serving our Country - it's the very least any of us can do.

If you're reading this yourself, thank a teacher.
If you're reading it in English, thank an American Soldier.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 AM

Thank you to all who serve our nation so proudly. [sm=patriot.gif]

And also... you're welcome.