Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Does God..

Old 06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does God..

If Erik had all this Christian education that he claims to have, I'm sure he would have been aware of someone by the name of Job. Job went through H#!! and back and didn't lose faith in God. God didn't promise a perfect life for any of us. It is a fact that life isn't fair. You have to make the best of it. I'm not going to feel sorry for him after he was probably not driving very safely in the first place. I'm also not going to feel sorry for him simply that I know tons of people who have it much worse off than he does. A friend of mine lost his only son to asthma when he just turned 16, lost his wife of somewhere around 25-30 years due to the fact that she was paralyzed and had tons of other medical problems that eventually killed her over a few years time, lost his job at Ford due to Ford's financial problems, lost his brother on Christmas due to suicide, and many other problems. Does he blame God? No, he doesn't at all.

Another example, some in my hometown battled cancer twice and came so close to dying both times that it was a miracle that he was still alive. Then a couple of years later he was killed due to a drunk driver.

Another example, one of my mother's cousins has also battled cancer twice and fortuneatly survived both times. One of her sons was a primie (forgive the spelling) and because of this is mentally retarded. He cannot live on his own because he is incapable of functioning in the outside world. Now for the crusher, one of her daughters has a very severe case of autism along with a whole bunch of other medical problems. She is somewhere in her upper twenties to lower thirties and has to live in a nursing home because she can't walk, can barely talk, has severe sesures (forgive my spelling again) that have put her close to death, has extreme emotional problems, and needs constant medical attention. Now recently, she almost lost her husband due to a tree branch stabbing him through the chest, one of those freak accidents that happened out of the blue. Fortuneatley it looks like he is going to be okay. Does she blame God? No, she has a very deep faith in fact.

I could go on all day about people I know that have received the short end of the stick that were good people. What I could say about Erik would be very judgemental and a sin; therefore, I will keep my mouth shut about that (or in this case my fingers off the keyboard) and suggest a song for him to be played on the world's smallest violin.

As for Darfur, it is the lack of listening to what God taught that leads to this. Don't blame God for mankind's sins, blame Satan and sin for it and work to stop Satan as much as possible without commiting sins in the process of trying to stop his evil and pray for God to solve this problem.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-15-2007, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does God..

Well said,RLSH 700. I believe we on this site understand what is going on here and have shown the light so any with doubt can see for theirself. I deal with guys like this Monthly and try real hard to see why they understand things the way they do. He really could change alot of personal things in his life if he would just stop and put his self in the others shoes for just a moment. The world does not revolve around one person. And we are all so insignificant in the grand scheme of things that we should treat all with respect that they earn and deserve. First on the list is to earn it. Some will just demand it with no effort to treat people as equals. Some piece of paper signed by a college or univesity says they are the smart ones and we should listen to them no matter how ignorant the statement. Those that have these pieces of paper and go on to earn a good living and repect those around them, my hats off to you for your hard work. People here on this site will read what a person writes and form their opinion from that. And that is the fair way to value a person on this site. I for one thank the people on this site for knowing where the line is and having a balance that is enjoyed by all. We have young folks and all ages of people who post and read what we have to say here. And its nice to feel comfortable coming here and interacting. I like humor and stories like anyone, but theres always a line and knowing not to cross it is respect for your fellow readers and posters. Thanks again for a great site and keeping it viewable for all of us.There really is a great bunch of people on this site and they are also well deverse in their ages and back grounds. Take care and have a great weekend.