Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Ford Going Private?

Old 09-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ford Going Private?

That is totally redicules. Ford need to fire their law firm and get another one.

This is about as redicules as when Donald Trump tried to get a trademark patent on the phrase "Your Fired" because of the TV show he was on.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, you know I think God ought to set an example by suing Ford for using his animal for profit without asking his permission to use it to base their car off of. Then maybe they'll get the difference between mutually benefical marketing practices and really stealing off of them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator

yeah...ive read some things posted on various ford sites...about how long time ford/mustang owners have been so offended by this that they have sold their ford products and bought other brands...
Old 09-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Well this is just working wonders for them isn't it. I knew this would result to this. Negative publicity is a very powerful thing.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 PM

Maybe with the new CEO, he will fire the law firm. And get Ford to become a good competitor. And for the record, remember compitition is a good thing because it causes the other companies to keep up the quality work. And I know alot of people on here hate Ford and seem to be happy when they do bad, BUT they do give jobs to people, and when the company loses so do the employees.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully he does. I hope your not mistaking my stances as wishing Ford to go under. My offical stance is I liked Ford until the mid-90s, when their entire line-up began to stink (except for the Mustang). I don't like how they've been doing business ever since and I'm a critic of Bill Ford because I don't think he knew what he was doing and just got the job because of his family name.

No offense, but I am one of the few who preferred the previous Mustang to this one (except I like the interior better on the current one). I'm disgusted on how they can fail to completely defeat the 2000 Cobra R with the GT500.

I don't want Ford to go under at all. I have relatives and friends who work for Ford and own their stock. It would be a disaster. I have friends that already lost their jobs due to downsizing at Ford and I hate to see anymore lose their jobs. What I want is to see Ford put America first for the first time in years. I'm tired of them complaining about why they aren't successful, then watching them offer stuff like the Falcon in Australia. I want to see Ford put in some original effort and not just rehassing the same crap over and over again on us (the Crown Vic, Taurus).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

im curious about the comment pertaining to the new GT500 not out performing the 2000 R? im not sure that i understand that, as the new GT500 is far more powerful, and has LOTS of potential thanks to the engine setup...not to mention that the GT500 is a street car with all of the modern ammenities, where as the R didnt have a heater, no AC, no rear seat, no sound deadener...etc..
Old 09-06-2006, 12:57 PM

GT500 has sound deadener? That's cool. I am thinking of buying that lizardskin kit and taking out all the carpet and spraying that in my car when I get my stereo. So I can also route the cabling better than I have it now. But will wait so I can do it all at the same time.

I think the GT500 also has forged internals already?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator

i believe that the GT500 has a forged bottom end...i wrote an article on it, but its been almost a year now...right now, fresh in my mind is information about the nissan skyline, from 1955 to present...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 PM

They are still making the Skyline? I know in the Super GT 500 I read they stopped using that car and went with the 350Z.

Quick Reply: Ford Going Private?