Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Future fun car

Old 10-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future fun car

As some of you know I have a 02 300M. It is a good car but lets face it I don't see a lot of people go gaga over it. So what is been running in my mind is, "If I could buy another car which one would I get?" Granted I would love to get the new Challenger but reality kicks in. This would have to be used what I have in the list is: Mirada, RX-7, 3rd gen Firebird, 4th gen Firebird, 95-99 Eclipse, Mazda 3, or a (gasp) bike. What do think?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Future fun car

Used Mitsu Evo? Good fun/price ratio.... Of course for impractical modes of transportation...nothing beats a bike......I've got Zuki 'Cade (think Goldwing)....sure I get teased for having a "chronologically advanced" type of motorcycle....but after I rode my dad's wing in January in VA in 28 degrees for about 45 w/o a lot of protection....I figured...if you like riding enough to want to do it in the winter....some fared 2 whl Buick has to be in order......always been a loyal Suzuki fan (4 zuki's nothing else)......so I picked one up for a song and have put over 35K on this one...she's just a tick under 100K and runs like a top (well, I have to fix the leaking secondary, but I have the kit and will get the time soon).....bikes am fun!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 AM

That is a tough list. But I think out of those choices, I would get a 4th gen Firebird as for the car selection.

But I would rather have another bike, I cruiser bike. If I got a bike like the Goldwing style or DS's Suzuki, I would probably go with the new Victory Vision. But that is too much for me, not the price. I am either going to get the Victory Hammer or the Triumph Rocket III. But those may not go for me, I may have to get a Triumph America because the price and there is a good after market mod selection out for them and after the bike and mods, looking under 11k. This includes a stroker kit with rebuilt carbs and cams. .
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. I was bummed/happy when the Vision came out. Happened to come out when all kinds of other "You can only have one" toys came out. The Challenger will obviously get my nod....but the Vision would have been it and maybe since I'd have some left over a Solstice.....just seems like lots of cool cars came out at the same time (fun oriented) FJ Cruiser, Sky, Solstice.....if it weren't a chally....

Only reservation w/ the Vision would have been engine resilience...I'm about to get 100K on my Cade.....I don't know how many Victories aer out their knockin' on 100K........I would sure as heck expect to see those kinds of miles for that kind of coin....

The America's a nice bike...Rocket III that's out there...good article in either Cycle World of Motorcyclist comparing it to the venerable V-Max....Not sure why there isn't focus on the tourer market....Of course, I'm biased....

Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM

One of the problems with the Rocket is the size of the motor. 2300cc. Insurance will kill. I did have the pleasure of riding the demo unit at my dealer, and it is a nice ride. For a heavy bike, it is well balanced. Also they are making a tourer package for 2008 for the Rocket. S few goodies for not much more than the regular Rocket.

The Victory engines do seem strong. I think if kept up well, it will last long.

I wish I could get an America now, as they are having a deal on the Speedmasters and Americas. Buy one of these and get $1200 in accessories free. That right there would bring down the price of the extras I was going to get on it, like the sissy bar for the wife.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah...I that rocket is a good looking bike...they offered some pseudo tourer package (but I find it a peeve when they slap on bags, floor boards, and a winshield and designate a bike a tourer) I want real deal wind protection for year round riding...I used to catch flack and have my sanity questioned, but I've given little thought to leaving for work 50 miles away on my bike when in the low 20's, heats up by quittin' time, long as I hit no salt or sand, I'm sound as a pound w/ fairing in front of me....

My wife has gotten used to the barka-lounger on the back of the cade....she has a sissy bar on her Marauder....

Be kind of interesting to see if Triumph gets into the game...lots of baby boomers and "enlightened" gen-x-ers like myself finding the value in the 2 wheeled Winne-bike-o's.....

Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 AM

Ah trust me, if I could have a big bike, I would have one of them too. I would have my Daytona for the sportbike, one of the cruisers I mentioned about above for just small relaxed cruises and a big as you call it, haha, Winne-Bike-o's. Hell, get a small trailer to haul my dirtbike to the track. Bike hauling a bike.

The Goldwing is nice, I would have to look at the Suzuki one, the Yamaha is OK. I am partial to Yamaha as for the 4 Japanese bike. But I don't like the cockpit area. I would have to check out the Vision. I think those are the only ones I would look at. I am not a fan of the Harley's.

I do remember the ride on my FZR in the 20 to 30 degree weather when I live in the DC area, buuurrrr. But when the sun is out, I needed to get in as much riding as I could have.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM

My choice for a new bike would be the BMW 1200GT. Right now I have a honda cbr600, which is fun, but after a couple of hours riding I want off of it. My dad has a 05 Goldwing, I love it but I think I'm too young to get something like that. IMO the BMW has the best of both worlds sport touring.

I've seen the new suzuki which looks alot like the bmw, i'm not sure which model it is. I would definitly like to ride it and compare, be it's about 7G's cheaper.