Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Help Get My Dad Join The Forum

Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Get My Dad Join The Forum

If some of you guys could explain what we do on the forum and some of the things the forum has to offer.
I'll just send the link to him sometime.
Would be greatly appreciated!

-Tanner
Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Help Get My Dad Join The Forum

the forum is a place for enthusiasts to come together and discuss topics (not just cars) with like-minded individuals.

this particular forum is great, as it was founded by a group of people who are interested in a car far before it hit the streets, and due to that, many people here come from different vehicular backgrounds, and it seems that everyone who comes here with friendly intentions fits in. say that you take something like my mustang site. its one of the biggest on the internet, but for the most part, it is made up of mustang people, who share similar opinions for the most part. we do have a nice sized crowd of non-mustang owners such as myself, who offer a nice change from the typical fanboy forums...i think that all of my forums are fairly accepting of "nonners", although at one point MF was especially bad, but i think that ive done a nice job of making it more friendly...

however, look at the spread of vehicles that we have on this site...a mustang owners, an owner of a high performance toyota, truck owners, a mirada owner, and of course, a bunch of vintage and future challenger owners.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK tdub, tell your Dad, its just like when he was a teenager. Cruising the town and stoping to talk to all his friends. But the cruising part is out and more of the talking to your friends You have some you will agree with and some you won't. But he will have a good time enjoying the discussion with his new found friends
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM

Mostly friendly conversation. ALOT of bench racing and a common passion for a beautiful car. Hey, it keeps your kid from runnin' the streets! There are alot worse things that boy could be occupying his time with, aren't there dad?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM

If these type's of forums were around back in 1998 I wouldn't have gone wild and joined the US Navy! Just kidding, I would have anyways. Everyone here has a different background but for the most part like deranged said, "its just alot of bench racing". We actually have cautioned on street racing and suggested other means to find out how fast "fast" can be elsewhere.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM

So tell us, Mike: How does a swabbie wind up in Iraq? Few ships move through the desert, as I recall.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Tell your dad that we do plenty of things besides just talking about the various cars that we love, which we do plenty of. Tell him that if he gets burned out about talking about the Challenger, he can always come here to the Off Topic section and talk about anything under the sun (as long as it doesn't violate the rules, which are posted at the top of this section). We all have a good time talking about our lives, opinions, and extracurriculars. When I got started in the forum world was back in 2005 with our sister forum DF, then when 1 Bad Mirada informed us about this site I came over and commented about how I thought a certain person's lack of good taste and intelligence didn't infect the car (for those of you who were there and remember my comments). We have a good time here, it's a lot of fun. I originally thought that this stuff wouldn't be that interesting, but it is extremely enjoyable.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 AM

Tell your Dad he has a really great kid! Tell him to stop in here and meet his friends - show an interest in what his son is interested in.

Tell him we bark once in a while but don't bite, we're housetrained (okay, most of us are), we've had all of our shots, and we're always ready to go for a ride with the windows wide open.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
That should do the trick.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes older people not being exposed to computers in the workforce, do not know how to use them and will not buy one for home use.

Maybe he fits in that category. Show him how to use a computer and then tell him there is also a bunch of 40 and 50 year old guys on here as well.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Tell your Dad he has a really great kid! Tell him to stop in here and meet his friends - show an interest in what his son is interested in.

Tell him we bark once in a while but don't bite, we're housetrained (okay, most of us are), we've had all of our shots, and we're always ready to go for a ride with the windows wide open.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
That should do the trick.
Funny, why is there foam around my mouth? Why am I growling all of a sudden?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Help Get My Dad Join The Forum