Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

A Huge Amount of Oil Found in the Gulf of Mexico

Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Huge Amount of Oil Found in the Gulf of Mexico

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Maybe in time I will be converted to that, but not yet. I still am concerned that the hydrogen will be too unstable and the water vapor emissions I'm concerned could change the weather patterns by causing more water vapor being in the air producing more rainy weather.
Remeber the post I had about the welder that used this technology.....well the hydrogen in that system was very stable because it was never torn away from the Oxygen molecule assuming this was true. Apparently some government contractors are looking into his system.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Like everything new in technology, I'll wait a while to see if it is as good as they say it is and if its safe, reliable, and cost effective, then I will consider one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-06-2006, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

A lot. I hear that we aren't allowed to drill off the west coast and we are being stopped from drilling in land as well. If we would do more drilling I think we could resolve the problems. I still think we should also keep working on BioDiesel and Butanol as well.
Check out a company called Changing World Technologies...maybe you heard of them. They were written up in Discover magazine 2-3 times as well as some other magazines (The August Motor Trend with Challenger on the cover has an article on them...Pg 41) Companies like this as well as more oil exploration combined with new energy sources like hydrogen will (I think) contribute to lowering oil prices long term.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for reminding me about them. I did read about them in Motor Trend. I'll have to keep an eye on them. A lot of our problem is when we try to drill, some group raises the underworld about it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts