Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I really really really hope these cars dont..

Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I really really really hope these cars dont..

Good point, Mirada. I'm sure there will be none languishing for at least a few years.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM

Unless dealer gouging causes the original buyer to back out, leaving a 'Unique Opportunity' for someone to pay 30K over sticker.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:48 PM

That was dlr BS. Edmunds did a report on this and 30% at least of the 08s are still avail for sale.

I asked my neighbor last night about this (he owns a huge Dodge/Chry/Jeep/Nissan superstore ) and he told me if I want an 08 come on down to the store and he will get me one at MSRP.

The meltdown in the housing has hit the car mkt just as hard but it does not make the news everynight. He has a blk Charger SRT8 w/3 miles on it, and is willing to knock $5K off to move it. IIRC a few yrs ago I drove one of his new C-SRTs and the price was $60K LOLOLOL Boy how times have changed
Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM

Yes!!

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

the thing is, arent all of the 08 production challengers spoken for? i dont think that you can walk in and buy or order one now..you have to get an 09...i dont think that many of the 08s will end up back on the lot, unless the people cant afford them.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Dealers had to have a name to order. There are lots of 08's with phony (bogus) names. Funny thing is...window sticker says "this car especially built for...(name)"

Nice piece of personal nostalgia when you buy one that you were not first on the block, ordering.
Steve
Old 07-04-2008, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: G ///Money

The top dog ZCP M3s in 06 were selling for $64K OTD. Today on the boards they are begging to get $39K due to the E9x...
Hmmm......
This is starting to sound very familiar;
Lots of references to M3s, M3 in the signature, three new cars listed in the signature - none of them Dodges (or American for that fact), and no expressed intent in any threads (31 posts in 5 days) at getting a Challenger (just a lot of talk) ...... talk about celebrities at BMW gatherings ....... what id call "blowhard nonsense".
the only thing missing is a few slams on Christians and the foul language. But Jeremiah hasnt been posting much lately, so I assume your need to rebut his posts is on hiatus.
Why didnt you post in the new members section, G//Money?

ErikM3, I presume. Are we back for another attempt to bring chaos to this forum - albeit a little more subtly and less abraisive to begin this time, but you nonetheless???? Youre off to a slow start. Is the prozac working with the lithium?
Have you been thrown out of ALL of the BMW forums and have no where else to go to spread you line of self-serving crap?
If Im wrong, Ill apologize. But I don't think I am. Maybe you can prove me wrong.
Whats your real name, and what are your views on Christianity, God, homosexuality (funny how you started a thread on that), and abortion? Whats your occupation that you can afford an M3, M5 and GT-R?

Does anyone else get the same feeling about this as I do? Or am I the only one that can see through the crap to the floor beneath it?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now that you mention it???????
Old 07-07-2008, 06:09 PM

wow didnt see that coming.

Too answer a few questions though I am not sure why..

I dont really peruse BMW forums usually just financial/economic stuff.

my religion is do what makes you happy, I dont know if God exists and neither do you.

I have been a Challenger fanfor along time and enjoy the neat pics on this board. As far as work goes I am employed by a distributor for Red Bull.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 AM

It is not like when the SuperBirds/Daytonas came out the dealers could not give those away
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 AM

They have an 08 Challenger in Madison, TN list for 50k I think. (All options and Custom wheels)

Quick Reply: I really really really hope these cars dont..