Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I will be absent for awhile

Old 12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will be absent for awhile

Hey, I don't know how much I will be able to post in the upcoming week. I've got finals monday and tuesday, then I'll be moving out temporarily (they want us to move some of our stuff out). Then I'll be helping out and visiting my relatives for the rest of the week. They don't have high speed internet so it will be more difficult to post.

I also might not post quite as much during the break since I will be helping my father with tax season (fun, fun, fun!), but I'll be sure to keep up with everything when I get the chance.

If some of you could pray for me to do well during finals, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
RLSH700

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I will be absent for awhile

We will be praying for you and your test. May you have peace and comfort while you take your tests.

God will carry you during this stressful school time.

Merry Christmas as Jesus is the reason for the season.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator

man, i certainly know what this time in college approaching christmas was like...good luck man...dont let them drive you too crazy!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

We will be praying for you and your test. May you have peace and comfort while you take your tests.

God will carry you during this stressful school time.

Merry Christmas as Jesus is the reason for the season.
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas to you, Jeremiah! I really appreciate it. So far, God's blessings are abundant. I know for sure I got a 96 on my Management Info. Systems exam, that leaves me with a 94.94%. I took another one today but it will probably take a day or two before my instructor gets the chance to grade it. I need at least a 69% to hold on to my A.

Tomorrow is going to be a real challenge for me. I have my International Business exam back-to-back with my Operations Management exam. I unfortuneatly don't have quite as strong grades in those classes so I'm a little more worried about them. It will take a miracle for me to get an A in my International Business class, but then again it is that time of the year. My Operations Management is what has me very concerned. I need to get at least a 74% on that test to get a B. That instructor's tests are very, very, very, very, very, very, very,...very, very, very, very, very,...very, very, very, (you get the idea by now) HARD!!! I'll let you know when I find out how I'm doing.

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
man, i certainly know what this time in college approaching christmas was like...good luck man...dont let them drive you too crazy!
LOL! Thanks Patrick, I'll do my best, but right now my Operations Management instructor is driving me crazy.
"I'm sorry RLSH700, but you didn't turn in that assignment on time! (OM instructor)"

"You didn't say when on 12/08 you wanted the assignment, 4:00p.m. is a reasonable time to turn it in. (RLSH700)"

Well some good news for my campus, they won their football game last weekend 33 to 3 and they are going on to the division 2 championship. The funny thing is they made each touch down when I left the room just for a second at my aunt and uncles house. I'm convinced that I'm bad luck for these teams because it seems like when I'm paying attention and interested, they have problems succeeding.

I believe they are going to be playing the team they narrowly lost to last year. If I'm not mistaken will be broadcast on ESPN 2 on Saturday.

Well I'm going to stay around here for a minuet and let my mind relax before I hit the books again. Again thank you both!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 AM

Good luck with the finals. My buddy is also going through the same thing. But you want to talk about busy, he has job at night, is a TA so has to grade papers, and on top of that he has his own papers to write for class. The price though to get a PHD, I would never do that.

AT least working for your dad is what yoru studying, correct? so you are getting some real world experience. That is always good.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 AM

RLSH700

suerte en tus examenes..... hopefully all will go well ....
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

AN UPDATE:
I got a 92 on my Promotions test, which gives me a 92.30% in the class. It appears my Operations Management instructor decided to grade my last assignment after all or he dropped the lowest homework assignment and replaced it with another grade (Thank God for this). Now I only need to get a 68% to get a B in his course. The Operations Management exam was hard, I'm not going to speculate but I feel a lot better knowing I only need a 68% to hold my B in there.

The International Business exam was a three question essay test, but the material is interesting so I sort of enjoyed. It will take a while most likely for my instructor to grade that one. I'm predicting I got a B in the class.

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Good luck with the finals. My buddy is also going through the same thing. But you want to talk about busy, he has job at night, is a TA so has to grade papers, and on top of that he has his own papers to write for class. The price though to get a PHD, I would never do that.

AT least working for your dad is what yoru studying, correct? so you are getting some real world experience. That is always good.
Thanks TechmanBD. Sounds like your buddy is a glutten for punishment. I don't think I have the patience to do a PH D either.

Actually no, but it is good experience anyways. I'm a Marketing Major, though I have taken a couple accounting courses and I have actually enjoyed them. To tell you the truth, my father wasn't an Accounting Major either, I think he was either an Ag. Business Major, or an Ag. Education Major. He taught zoology I think and Ag. Science for one year way back in the 70s and came to the conclusion that he hated teaching (and that was back then).

He didn't like being the bad guy and didn't like dealing with a disrespectful class. He didn't inherit that trait that makes his older sister a real tough, yet excellent teacher. He decided to see what else he could do with his major. He ran across this business and they came to the conclusion that since he was experienced enough in accounting from his accounting classes, and since he knew a lot about Ag. Business (this organization also helps with making Farm Management decisions) he would fit the bill.

He has done this for almost 30 years and he is good at it. My father said he didn't care what I majored in just as long as it was a major that I actually had a chance to find a job in (in other words no acting or the such that is hard to find a consistent, good paying job, which is fine with me). I help him with the work since I find it enjoyable, but there is no way I could do it for the rest of my life. It gets boring after a while and a few these people he helps are (to be perfectly frank) lazy and refuse to do their part. So my dad spends days, even weeks on one person. Considering he has to take care of around 180 different clients and their families, that is a lot of work.

Some of these people don't keep any records ("here's a bunch of reciepts I kept in my shoe book, I think that's all of them from this year. Wait! I might've left a few in last years box by accident") or records that are so distorted you wish they wouldn't have even done them ("Excuse me a minuet, right here you have it listed that you used a total of 3000 gallons of Diesel fuel." "Yeah?" "Well over here you have listed you used 5800 gallons of Diesel fuel." "Yeah?" "So which is it?" "I don't know."). Then you have to recount things all over again.

Now don't get me wrong, not all of them a like that just a few. If I was going to do accounting, I'd probably want to do people and business since that is my interest.

I get the Marketing and Business interest from my mom's side. My Grandfather owned and successfully ran three business. A barbershop (family trade), an autobody shop (he enjoyed that one), and renting houses. He was a good businessman. My one aunt ran a recuiting bu

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

"suerte en tus examenes" ......this directly translated means "luck on your tests" but we Americans shouldn't read this way.

Corrrectly translated means "Good luck on your tests".

Any way I know what you are going through as my youngest in electrical engineering is also taking his tests but will come home this Thursday
for Christmas.

Keep on keeping on, on your tests and let us know how you do.

God Bless you during test studying and test times.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

"suerte en tus examenes" ......this directly translated means "luck on your tests" but we Americans shouldn't read this way.

Corrrectly translated means "Good luck on your tests".

Any way I know what you are going through as my youngest in electrical engineering is also taking his tests but will come home this Thursday
for Christmas.

Keep on keeping on, on your tests and let us know how you do.

God Bless you during test studying and test times.
Thanks for translating that Jeremiah. And thank you for all your support and prayers. I'm actually finished taking my tests, I'm just waiting for the results to come in. God has blessed me in this time. I'll have to tell you about an amazing experience I had last night between studying

Good luck for your youngest. I'll keep him or her in my prayers. God bless.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

UPDATE:
I got a 70.4% on my Operations Management Exam. Looks like I got my Christmas miracle early this year. If he wouldn't have either dropped my that homework assignment or decided to grade it after all. I would have a C in the class. I have a 81.45% in the class. I'm happy with that considering it was a difficult class for me.

The only thing I'm waiting for is my International Business grades to come in. I needed to at least get a 39% on that to maintain my B and I needed a 98% to get an A. At this rate, I would say I'm going to have a 3.5 out of 4.0 average! I'll be more than happy with that!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts