Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Joker dies at 28

Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joker dies at 28

I don't watch the news but I'd assume this is all over it. Heath ledger died yesterday. Too bad. . . he passed away before he got to see his performance as probably one of the most iconic characters in history.

[IMG]local://upfiles/195/E824967F59CE4B71B910323B9BCB6C0A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Joker dies at 28

yeah..it seems that he killed himself...
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM

I'd comment about how I really feel about things like this, but I remember my mother once saying to me "if you can't say anything nice..."
Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 PM

What do you mean? A talented actor died I don't understand why you'd have something bad to say?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:54 PM

he did not suicide... it was accidental.... and dont start blabbing about hollywood stars and drugs.... you dont know the stuff they go through. Uintil youve been in their shoes its best to be respectful. the man was a brilliant actor , loving father and straight up good guy. his upcoming film the dark knight will be his greatest oscar nominated performance in which we all will remember him by.

RIP Heath ledger
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 AM

Not that it matters to me in the slightest, but the autopsy reports were inconclusive, meaning that right now it can't be concluded whether it was suicide or accidental. Do you know for a fact that "he did not suicide" or is that just your opinion?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

I regret this guy died, but just because his job happened to be pretending and he became famous for it, I don't get the artificial import of this in the news cycle. The U.S. economy looms perilously on the edge of a precipice and the media is consumed with an actor dying.

I see all this dreck and hear about it on the radio and I just cringe. It seems to me Americans are becoming caricatures of themselves.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM

First, Heath was a good actor and no I have never seen Broke Back Mountain and never will. Second, I don't give a gawddang hooiee what actors and actresses go through... They frickin "act" for a living! Thats the job they wanted to be in, just the same for me... I wanted to be a soldier and I've done a damn good job at it for the past 9 years and will do it for as long as I can as well. I've seen more fricked up crap than those people ever will(as well as some of you because some of you have been around the block alot longer than I have). So I'm not buying any of that lets feel sorry for them crap and we need to walk in their shoes before judging them. Eff that. Period and done.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Well said MGDMike. We live in a celebrity-obsessed culture and I for one am damn sick of it.

An ACTOR, I don't care how well he acts, is not a hero, and is not to be idolized. A multi-million dollar celebrity is not a hero and not to be idolized. A hero is someone who gets up every morning to provide for their families and contributes a valuable trade to society in the process. A hero is a health care worker who works tirelessly to save lives. A hero is a policeman who protects us, a fireman who rushes into a burning building to save a life, a teacher who educates our children, a soldier who fights for our freedom... all for no glory and very little money - THEY are the ones to be celebrated and idolized - NOT some spoiled-brat celebrity ACTOR who "couldn't handle" the rigors of fame and fortune (give me a break!).

I don't give a whit how well someone can act, if they piss away golden opportunities and talent that many people would give their right arms for like this Ledger guy did, in my book, he's not an "icon", he's a LOSER. Plain and simple.

Harsh? Maybe. On the money? You bet your arse it is.

That is all.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Maybe he's not a hero in any way but you could at least give him the respect any human being would get when they die. He was only 6 years older than me and I have done even less in my lifetime then he has done. I don't know him personally and I can't judge him but I'm sure as hell not going to put him down or call him a loser just because he happened to be famous. He was never an actor who went after fame and fortune, he took the roles he wanted to play and tried to avoid the hollywood stereotypes. It is the public who glorifies celebrities, most of them just do what they love for a living and happen to be praised for it by others.

I don't know if he committed suicide and we may never know, but if he did that only shows he obviously had issues that went unadressed and I would hardly put him down for that either. Not everyone is cut out to be a soldier or a firefighter, that doesn't mean they don't deserve respect. Who are you to say that a man you've never met wouldn't run into a burning building to save someone?

I can not defend heath ledger one way or the other since I don't know him, and I wouldn't have even have posted this if he hadn't been starring in a movie that I'm extremely excited about, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt as I wish people who don't know me would do.

Quick Reply: Joker dies at 28