Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Looks like I'll have to SC my Challenger Now

Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like I'll have to SC my Challenger Now

ROUSH adds 30 extra HP to ROUSHcharger
Posted Oct 3rd 2007 2:04PM by Jonathon Ramsey
Filed under: Aftermarket, Tuners, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Roush

Ponies and horses go together, don't they? The tinkerers at Roush decided that their current ROUSHcharger didn't provide enough horses for Ford's pony car, so they added another 30 to the corral. Now, for $5,599, the ROUSHcharger increases the HP of your Mustang GT from 300 to 445. That's a 48-percent increase and 30 more horsepower than before due to a smaller, faster-spinning pulley and altered PCM calibration. The result is the aforementioned 445 HP as well as 418 ft-lb of torque.
The add-on will soon be legal for use in all 50 states, and those who already have ROUSHchargers can upgrade by ordering the new pulley for $389. A polished version of the supercharger is also available for $5,899. Installation won't alter the balance of your Ford warranty, which is a bonus, and the supercharger comes with its own year-long coverage if the manufacturer warranty has ended.

ROUSHCHARGER* GETS A HORSEPOWER UPGRADE, CARRIES SAME INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY

LIVONIA, Mich. (October 2, 2006) - ROUSH Performance, America's leading powertrain engineering group, has added an additional 30 horsepower to their legendary ROUSHcharger* system for the Ford Mustang GT; this increases the output of this supercharger system to a total of 445 horsepower under the hood.

The additional horsepower comes from changing to a slightly smaller pulley and an enhanced PCM calibration to take advantage of the higher spin rate. Customers with a previously installed ROUSHcharger* can upgrade to this High Boost Pressure Pulley by ordering part number 402863 which has a suggested retail price of $389.00.

With the addition of the upgraded ROUSHcharger* any 2005-2008 Ford Mustang GT can be increased to 445 horsepower with 418 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a 48-percent horsepower gain over the stock engine's 300 ponies. This ROUSHcharger* system will soon be legal in all 50 states for both manual and automatic vehicles.

"The ROUSHcharger* is one of the most thoroughly engineered and tested supercharger systems on the market," said Jack Roush. "We have several hundred engineers here at ROUSH and utilized their collective knowledge to create a powertrain upgrade that will perform better than expected each and every time you put your foot on the gas pedal. The ROUSHcharger* has been tested following O.E. requirements and we are certain that it is designed to provide years of trouble-free use."

The ROUSHcharger* is also the only supercharger unit that is protected by the industry's leading warranty which covers the balance on Ford's 3-year/36,000 mile factory drivetrain backing, or one year on ROUSH components for vehicles already beyond this level.

The main components include a ROUSH M90 Roots-style supercharger, intake manifold, air-to-water intercooler system, high-flow fuel injectors and induction system. In addition to this hardware, the key to maximizing performance is the upgraded ROUSH PCM calibration.

The ROUSHcharger* is available in the standard black casing (part number 403309, suggested retail $5,599) or a polished version (part number 403310, suggested retail $5,899). For more information, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com and search for these part numbers or look under the Mustang section of the online store.

Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. In addition to the array of Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.

*ROUSHcharger* is a trademark of ROUSH Performance.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Looks like I'll have to SC my Challenger Now

I already planned on S/C my challenger. Lately i've been leaning more towards making my own turbo kit. Either way cant be having these mustang boys blowing me away.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Yea, it was always in my plan but now I'll have to go max boost possible. Hope it can hold together. Maybe a water/meth injection like I run on my car today.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I have plans to do forced induction, but just not sure what type yet. Plus I will wait to have a stardard part like a Rousch that also supports factory warranty.

Having a stepped boost at different speeds but would need a controller for that as part of the system.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:40 PM

I wonder if dodge will make it easy to have a tuner tune the ECU. With the new technologies of today, I am sure you won't be able to just slap one on without adjusting the A/F ratios and timing.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I wonder if dodge will make it easy to have a tuner tune the ECU. With the new technologies of today, I am sure you won't be able to just slap one on without adjusting the A/F ratios and timing.

You can but it wont get you very far without tapping into the PCM. I want a 10 second street car out of mine.. So granddaddy chrysler needs to give the codes out to the public on the Hemi's. Piggyback just is not going to cut it.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM

The required software and hardware are already in place. Check the market.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 AM

I didn't think they made software to crack into the hemi pcm's yet. i've seen that you can buy a programmer, but that just adjust timing and a/f. I would like to be able to do wideband's and adjust fuel trims.

Paladin06, What car are you running with meth injection? I've only heard that it's helps if you have a S/Ced car and didn't have an intercooler. There used to be some guys putting them on their GP S/C motors, but intern found out if you I/Ced it it was more reliable and way easier to tune.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator

you wont need forced induction to get 445 bhp out of a challenger. keep in mind, some dodge mags, as well as one of the big ones (C&D or MT) dyno'd the 6.1L hemi and got something like 455-460 at the crank...if the roush cars make an honest 445 at the crank, the only thing hurting the challenger will be the weight, which can be overcome with some minor work like headers.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

you wont need forced induction to get 445 bhp out of a challenger. keep in mind, some dodge mags, as well as one of the big ones (C&D or MT) dyno'd the 6.1L hemi and got something like 455-460 at the crank...if the roush cars make an honest 445 at the crank, the only thing hurting the challenger will be the weight, which can be overcome with some minor work like headers.
You're right, the 6.1L produced around 467hp I believe in that test. Also remember that the Challenger concept photos show an exposed K&N filter that is not found on the other SRT-8 models. It could be possible that the stock Challenger with the 6.1L might be slightly modified more than the other SRT-8s on the market.

I'm also beginning to wonder if they Challenger will not lose some weight when it is introduced. The G8 weighs a similar amount as the LX cars yet the Camaro is supposed to weigh less than the G8. It could be possible that the Challenger might lose a little weight from its concept model.

I'm sure though that Paladin will probably supercharge it anyway, some people always just want to maximize the engine's output anyways and that is a good thing because it creates a stronger aftermarket to shop from. In all truth, who really NEEDs the 6.1L in the Challenger. The truth of the matter is the 5.7L will be sufficient for most people's NEEDs, but who doesn't want more than standard power. I personally will do a few small mods, but nothing dramatic like a supercharger (at least not in the beginning).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Looks like I'll have to SC my Challenger Now