Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Movies I plan to watch

Old 02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Movies I plan to watch

This is my kind of action movie. I hope to watch it soon.

Vantage Point

Thomas Barnes and Kent Taylor are two Secret Service agents assigned to protect President Ashton at a landmark summit on the global war on terror. When President Ashton is shot moments after his arrival in Spain, chaos ensues and disparate lives collide in the hunt for the assassin. In the crowd is Howard Lewis, an American tourist who thinks he's captured the shooter on his camcorder while videotaping the event for his kids back home. Also there is American TV news producer Rex Brooks, relaying the historic event to millions of TV viewers across the globe. As they and others reveal their stories, the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place - and it will become apparent that shocking motivations lurk just beneath the surface.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Movies I plan to watch

If I can't watch Vantage Point, I will watch this one.

I also like science fiction movies.

Jumper

A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I also like to watch scary shows (but I do not go out of my way to watch them) but not shows that are not realistic like Freddie Krueger nor Jason.

Psycho, Halloween, etc. are classics. They scare me to death because they are realistic and could happen.

The scariest movies I have ever seen used to be "Wrong Turn" but now it is "Wolf Creek".

I bet 95% of you have never seen these 2 movies.

1. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

2. What is your favorite movie of all time?

3. What is your favorite action movie of all time?

4. What is your favorite science fiction movie of all time?

5. What is your favorite chick flick of all time? I am sure you watched it with your girl or guy friend or spouse?

6. Of course, what is your favorite car movie of all time?

Feel free to add any other categories you feel I left out.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:22 AM

1. X: The Man with X-Ray Eyes (at least when I was a kid.)

2. Vanishing Point (1971 version).

3. This one's hard to say ...

4. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers

5. Hmmm...dunno if I've ever seen any.

6. Vanishing Point (1971 version).
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 AM

1. Haven't seen any that i can't remember.
2. Harry Potter 5
3. The Bourne triology
4. Does GalaxyQuest count?
5. Don't have a girlfriend, can't remember any.
6. "Cars" from Disney
Old 02-24-2008, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

1. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

2. What is your favorite movie of all time?

3. What is your favorite action movie of all time?

4. What is your favorite science fiction movie of all time?

5. What is your favorite chick flick of all time? I am sure you watched it with your girl or guy friend or spouse?

6. Of course, what is your favorite car movie of all time?

Feel free to add any other categories you feel I left out.
1) tie; "Jaws". Saw it with my Aunt at the theater when it came out. She dug her fingernails into my arm during the opening scene.... it was all downhill from there. 1) "Silence of the Lambs". To think there are really people out there that ARE like that scares the hell out of me. I can't be with my kids to protect them all of the time. Honorable mention to "Fallen" - Denzel Washington

2) "The Green Mile". I enjoy reading Steven King's books/short stories. I thought the adaptation to the big screen was excellent. Honorable mentions to "In The Line Of Fire" - Clint Eastwood & John Malkovich, and "Rainman" - Tom Cruise & Dustin Hoffman.

3) "The Hunt For Red October". Not sure if everyone considers it Action or Drama. I like Clancy's novels. They really make you think. Honorable mention to "The Fugitive" - Harrison Ford.

4) "The Thing" (John Carpenter's version with Kurt Russell). Excellent special effects for that time.

5) Hmmm....don't really watch too many of them. I guess "Awakenings" - Robin Williams, or "Arthur" - Dudley Moore.

6) "Gone In 60 Seconds". My wife will watch that with me everytime it comes on the tube.

7) Favorite Comedy; "Bill Cosby - Himself". Not really a movie, but a DVD/VHS of a standup routine he did back in the 70's. I laugh everytime I see it.
8) Favorite Series or Collection: tie; "Planet Earth" - BBC, and "The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy" - Elijah Wood.
9) Favorite Family Movie; "Miracle" - 1980 Olympic hockey team's gold medal run.

Looking forward to "Legend" and "10,000 B.C." coming out on DVD.
I don't go to the movie theater anymore. Haven't for over ten years. I guess in my old age, my tolerance of people's ignorance and stupidity has grown thinner. I HATE rude people who talk (especially on the cell phone) during a movie, or kick my seat/chair for 2 hours. I'd prefer to pay the $14.00 when the DVD comes out and watch it at home - whenever & however I want, without the inclination to kick the $h*^ out of someone who desperately needs/deserves it.