Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

No Rattle!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Rattle!

Well everyone. We got sick of the poor gas mileage and power of the Ram. So we bought a new Cat and Muffler. 3 hours, $300 and countless swear words later. It was done.

But boy was it worth it. The annoying rattle (which was becoming part of it's personality) The sissy exhaust note. It's all gone. The exhaust has a nice deep note. Nothing that would wake up your neighbor in the morning, but it's definite defference. And the truck is a bit snappier on the gas.

The moral of the story.

There are muffler shops for a reason.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With age comes wisdom. I see you are well on your way tdub. But the experience is worth it and comes with the satifaction of a job well done. I say get your hands dirty and your knuckles scraped. The skills come as the job is completed. Nice job.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We started it up with the muffler off and it sounded like the world was coming to an end. Pretty crazy.

We had the truck haul dirtbikes today and got a chance to get it broken in. My dad says it's to loud but he must have his non existant hearing aid on. I like it. Now we wait to see if we have a gas mileage difference.

All in all. It was a rewarding 3 hours. We had had our laughs, words and some awsome bonding time. Nothin like reefin' on a pipe under a greasy car on some carpet to bring two guys together. (I got jipped. He got the creeper)

Can't wait to start work on the Barracuda. But if we want(or need) some exhaust work We'll leave that headache for the professionals.

Oh... and the cops showed up to our house while we were up dirt biking. Appearantly my dad forgot to pay for gas when my brother and I got some drinks.

He's getting old. But I think we'll keep him.