Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

office story

Old 06-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default office story

Today was a Monday, and the office had been closed over the weekend. On Friday, Linda had made calls to confirm our Monday schedule. As a result, our day, today, was pretty smooth. The last patient of the day was scheduled for 4:00. She had not arrived by 4:15, and Linda was surprised as she had spoke to everybody last week. We were concerned that maybe traffic or overtime at work, or maybe something serious had happened. At 4:30 the phone rang, and it was our missing patient.

The poor woman had been confused about her appointment all day. She recalled Linda confirming the visit, and saying,”see you next week.” But this morning our patient could not remember if today was next week or if next week was next week. Linda asked what to do. By now it would be some time for her to get to the office and then to provide her care. I instructed Linda to reappoint her after our last appointment one day, we’d leave early today and make up for it a different day. “But, be sure,” I told her, “that she understands that this week will be last week, when next week is this week.”

Linda rolled her eyes back up to her forward and so her conversation began. I of course, could only hear one side.

Think:
Abbott and Costello
George Burns and Trixie
Rowan and Martin
Desi and Lucy

Dentistry: it’s more than teeth and gums.