Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

An Option You Don't Need!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An Option You Don't Need!

This comes under the "now I have heard everything category." [8D]

Sekurus, a company near Los Angeles, CA, has developed a vehicle option- a light on a plastic box mounted beneath the dashboard that flashes when a car payment is due!

The box's LED light starts blinking when a payment is almost due. On the deadline day, the units not only blinks but beeps. When the customer makes a payment, the lender gives them a 6-digit code to enter into the box.

Sekurus' income has increased 30% in recent years, and hopes to achieve $20 million this year.

This is one option that we definitely do not need on our Challengers!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An Option You Don't Need!

That would be extremely annoying, and to think my mother thinks that the dinging sound that my dad's Taurus makes when she regularly fails to put on her seat belt on the passenger side is unnecessary and annoying. Though, I wish I could have an option like this for other things. A reminder for when the car is due for an oil change, transmission fluid flush, and for various other reminders.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM

Hmmm. I will have to check this company out for a job. Who knows RLSH, with this feature out, if this company wants to have a future, they should look into those features to incorporate with this box.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Never mind about the career, they are in Murrietta which is about 1.5 to 2 hour drive.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM

I hate the Stupid Child Saftey Locks on our '02 Yukon XL.
They annoy me.
They should have made a disabling feature.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

They annoy me.
Are you talking about the feature on the back door that you have to open the doors from the outside? There is usually a switch in the door, when you open up the door you should see it. There wasn't one on the Yukons?

Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 AM

Actualy. When you shift out of 1st gear, all the doors lock and you have to shift out of drive or unlock manualy.
ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

They annoy me.
Are you talking about the feature on the back door that you have to open the doors from the outside? There is usually a switch in the door, when you open up the door you should see it. There wasn't one on the Yukons?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:30 PM

At leas the blinking LEDs will make the repo guys job easier to spot the vehicles
Old 04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Actualy. When you shift out of 1st gear, all the doors lock and you have to shift out of drive or unlock manualy.

They annoy me.

Actually those can be modified from what I understand if you program it. Mine on my Intrepid lock after you drive about 20mph (which I believe is standard on Chrysler products). The Child Safety Lock reference that TechmanBD was referring to are those idiotic switches on the back seat of cars that became common back in the 80-90s that disable the inside door handle that if the kid manages to lift the lock, they won't be able to open the door. The problem with those things is if you get your fingers shut in the door, your up a creek if no one else is around or your dad is too irritated to listen to you yelling at him at the top of your lungs to stop yanking at the inside handle and go to the exterior handle as yanks harder and harder as it shoves the door harder on your finger since he can't understand that the concept of if at first it doesn't work yank harder is counter productive.[:@] The thing I can't understand is why they make locking systems like that on cars for the backseats and make front doors that are supposed to be locked, unlock when you pull the handle, because we all know that children NEVER ride in the front seats whether or not its the law, and this was done before the days of dual sided airbags to justify that stand point. Thank God that I was wearing a seatbelt when I was 6 or else I might not be here today. All the cars we had before hand would never unlock unless you physically unlocked it yourself. Okay, rant over![sm=rant.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 AM

They annoy me.

Ah, you are talking about that feature. Like RLSH said, there is usually a way to reprogram that. My 01 Silverado had that. Look in the manual, it will tell you the sequence of events to turn it off. Usually turn the key to on position hitting a few buttons, stand on your head, recite the Pledge of Allegiance and so on. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: An Option You Don't Need!