Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

An Option You Don't Need!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An Option You Don't Need!

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Thank God that I was wearing a seatbelt when I was 6 or else I might not be here today. All the cars we had before hand would never unlock unless you physically unlocked it yourself. Okay, rant over![sm=rant.gif]
I KNEW I shoulda sued my parents for constantly endangering me as a child. My old man had a 1950 Ford that didn't even have seatbelts. Come to think of it, the dashboard was solid metal and came to a point right about the place where your head would hit it if you were in a crash. They actually brought me home from the hospital in this dangerous car after I was born! How could my parents have been so mean? Obviously, they were TRYING to get rid of me. They even gave me the car as my own when I turned 16! See? Even then, they were trying to get rid of me! Oh, wait! In those days, you were expected to try to AVOID running into other things like oncoming cars, telephone poles and brick walls!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Thank God that I was wearing a seatbelt when I was 6 or else I might not be here today. All the cars we had before hand would never unlock unless you physically unlocked it yourself. Okay, rant over![sm=rant.gif]
I KNEW I shoulda sued my parents for constantly endangering me as a child. My old man had a 1950 Ford that didn't even have seatbelts. Come to think of it, the dashboard was solid metal and came to a point right about the place where your head would hit it if you were in a crash. They actually brought me home from the hospital in this dangerous car after I was born! How could my parents have been so mean? Obviously, they were TRYING to get rid of me. They even gave me the car as my own when I turned 16! See? Even then, they were trying to get rid of me! Oh, wait! In those days, you were expected to try to AVOID running into other things like oncoming cars, telephone poles and brick walls!
LOL! Well, the thing that bothers me is the fact that the car manufactures are so short sighted that they changed this element for some reason unknown to me. I mean, I could see this one happening from a mile away. What do kids do when they have been riding over an hour (I think we had been riding for over 5 hours that time) in a car? They mess with anything they can rap their fingers around and mess with to entertain themselves, so logically won't the passenger side door handle be a logical thing to mess with once they think they have made it safe for themselves by pushing the lock numb into the locking position. I would lock the door of our older cars and play with the door handles all of the time without that dangerous result. I really think some of these designers need to stop thinking convince and think about potential safety hazards when they design these things, because really do we need the door to be able to unlock itself without lifting the numb or pressing the unlock button first.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Come to think of it, the dashboard was solid metal and came to a point right about the place where your head would hit it if you were in a crash.
My dad had a 1965 Ford pickup and you would for sure have a cantalope head if it ever hit the dash. I also remember burning myself several times on the metal dash
when the vehicle was parked in the sun. Boy have times changed.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:19 PM

Child locks last for a short duration (time really needed) but are worth it for their time in use. They were great for all 3 of the kids in stopping the play.

As once a kid myself, I for one challenged (no pun intended) my parents in our blue '68 AMC Rebel Wagon. A ride home from church one Sunday morning I decided it was time to check out the wear on the rear tires. I had no clue, being a youngin', and didn't think opening the door while moving would actually put me far too close to the end of my young life. Then again, seat belts too, we only wore on the trips between Rochester and Little Falls on the NY State Thruway, where of course, you need them less.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 AM

My uncle has a 1949 chevrolet truck and it's dash is metal and right about were your head would hit, like Roswell's.