Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Is Pontiac Back?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Pontiac Back?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124607

[IMG]local://upfiles/9/7F59649C4D2E44A6BFB877DFADCB3811.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 PM

Default RE: Is Pontiac Back?

Yeah, they are back alright. Back in the crapper with this tired old Grand Am GT design. At first I thought it was cool, I actually leased a Ram-Air GT back in '00. It had a great stereo! That is about all I remember except the two times the dealer got to tear into the 3.4 to do intake gaskets and put me in a Cadillac loaner. Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Pontaic. Poor Old N(substitute your favorite slang word starting with an "N" here) Thinks Its A Cadillac seems to be the platforms motto, lets appeal to those that drink their beverages from a paper sack and call everybody "Dog". I can just see all the slammed G'8's bumpin down the blvd right now. Hopefully we will not have to witness the Butchery of a new Challenger. The first one I see that is slammed with TV screens in it is going to get a stern talking to! These kids now a days, hey wait I sound like my old man!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:06 PM

Wow, that's pretty harsh don't you think? I'll back away from this one sounds rac***..
ORIGINAL: Wedge Head

Yeah, they are back alright. Back in the crapper with this tired old Grand Am GT design. At first I thought it was cool, I actually leased a Ram-Air GT back in '00. It had a great stereo! That is about all I remember except the two times the dealer got to tear into the 3.4 to do intake gaskets and put me in a Cadillac loaner. Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Pontaic. Poor Old N(substitute your favorite slang word starting with an "N" here) Thinks Its A Cadillac seems to be the platforms motto, lets appeal to those that drink their beverages from a paper sack and call everybody "Dog". I can just see all the slammed G'8's bumpin down the blvd right now. Hopefully we will not have to witness the Butchery of a new Challenger. The first one I see that is slammed with TV screens in it is going to get a stern talking to! These kids now a days, hey wait I sound like my old man!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 PM

I'd really have to say that I think one Pontiac model looks like another. This goes way beyond the grill, but just about the lines on every model except for the Solstice. Call them G6, G8, GTO, they all look like they were made in a blender.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM

I'm SURE the "N" word spoken by Wedge Head really meant "nincompoop"... right?

Anyway, is Pontiac "back"? IMHO, no, they aren't. They still seem way too confused as to what role in GM they're supposed to play - are they the "excitement" division, or are they something else? It seems like one identity crisis after another when it comes to Pontiac. I've owned several Pontiacs, still have my 78 Formula Firebird (remember those?). I had an 04 GTO, the car everyone hated for one reason or another, and it nearly self-destructed after only 2 years when I finally dumped it. This new G8 seems like another Holden rehash - it may work, it may not... but I'm done giving GM the benefit of the doubt - I'm sticking with Dodge for my next new car purchase. The fact that Pontiac flat-out refuses to bring the Firebird back, despite very obvious demand for one, is another nail in their coffin, so to speak.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM

Pontiac who??
Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Guys, I have to tell you that type of slur will not be allowed here.

He has been warned.

This is a family friendly forum and let's keep it that way.

Thanks for you support.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM

eh, their trying.. I guess.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

When the GXP version comes out I will say maybe. GM needs to quit putting all the performance effort into Chevrolet and put it into Pontiac. Chevrolet already has the Corvette, they do not need the Camaro when Pontiac has just the Solstice, (a Miata competitor mind you). Pontiac is being treated like the way Chevrolet should be with the cheapest effort and leftover technology.

Wedge Head, don't make any more remarks like that in the future we do not tolerate racist words or obvious references to them. Don't let me catch you doing that again, understand.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts