Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Short, Deadly Story of a Kid and his M5

Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Short, Deadly Story of a Kid and his M5

I agree the parents are who are at fault, all the warning signs where there and then some!
I dont care what all the "Kids" think about what I say, But I feel they all should listen to what everyone says, we have all been young before, so we have all been there and done that, I know I had my share of "Talks" from all the "oldtimers" when I was 18! I listened!

I also feel that they should be forced to drive what they can afford! because I doubt an 18 year old can afford a 400+ HP car.. let alone the insurance payment! Come on!

It can be put this way..
If someone handed a hand grenade to a chimp, what do you think would happen? It would eventually figure out how to pull the pin, right?
And if it killed itself and others around it, who's fault is it then? The Chimp? I dont think so!

Its called Common Sense, Which is becoming so UNcommon....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

i'm taking the vette or cuda over 85, unless my dads in the passenegers seat.
I think what MGDMike was trying to say was the kid was stupid and shouldn't be in a BMW anyway. Right?
I think you meant "I'm NOT taking the vette or cuda over 65 - period."
And as far as the other kid is concerned, he shouldn't be driving at all. Four citations in two years - his FIRST two years driving. SAFE, as in "better SAFE than Sorry". Now who's sorry? There are 5 dead kids because one had to be cool - and stupid.
I agree with dodgedriver. The parents should be charged with Criminally Negligent Homicide for the deaths of all five of these kids. The keys to Dad's M5 should never have gotten into that kids hands. Period.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

I have read where a young adults brained is not fully developed until they are 25. It is the part that has to do with rational thinking.

Hence the reason getting married sometimes make more sense after they have matured more.

I think the same could be said about driving high performance sports car without training from an expert and widsom from an adult.

I even tell adults don't even bother buying this kind of car unless you have had some high performance car training.

You get a 450+ HP car without training is like buying a gun without training.....it is a accident waiting to happen.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

i drove the mirada on the street that weekend before i tore up the engine at the track, for the first time in a while...i was used to driving the truck, the stratus, and the ramcharger...and driving a few miles in the mirada was unreal. even with GOOD drag radials, the tires will spin if you ease into it fast going around a turn...and rolling out of a stop sign and hammering it, im up over 60 quicker than i can think about it...driving in the rain? forget about it. driving on the highway, if you try to accelerate much over about 50, the tires spin...then you backoff, and cars are running over you...ease back into it, the tires spin..back out, people run over you. that was with a performance tire with tread, but not really intended for rain use.

amanda drove it once, on the return road at a dragstrip, and she launched it hard, and it threw her back so hard that the seat readjusted to my distance..so she couldnt reach the pedals. she said that she knew that it would be alot stronger than the truck or stratus, but she was still surprised at how hard it rips off the line...and the mirada makes almost as much power as an M5.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Oh jeez.. I'm not sorry one bit. Sorry buts that my opinion.
I'm confused, Bud. What are you not sorry about?
I'm referring to the idiocy of the parents here. What in the frickin world are they thinking.. wait, they weren't. They gave a kid a 500+ hp car with F1 features! Come on here... thats the equivilant of letting me loose with a Paladin tank! I have no idea how to drive one of those!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Administrator

do you they require a load of training to drive a tank? i mean, not to sound like a dumbass, but is anyone ever like "do me a favor, and move that tank out of the way"? or are there certain people who are attached at the hip to each tank?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM

I read the story again on another site, apparently this was his DAD'S M5, not his... so I guess the "stupid" factor is decreased somewhat in their favor - I didn't see if this kid's dad actually let him use it (stupid) or if the kid took it without his knowledge (stupid for not keeping the keys locked up).

Doesn't really matter in the end, though - no matter what, it doesn't make their son and those other kids any less dead.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

do you they require a load of training to drive a tank? i mean, not to sound like a dumbass, but is anyone ever like "do me a favor, and move that tank out of the way"? or are there certain people who are attached at the hip to each tank?
Its kinda hard.. but hey, they do train 18 year olds to do it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/21/25C2EBC7BC164AA59A24027716C9E6FE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM

It's harder then you think and not everyone can do it. It's not like driving your grocery getter or muscle car. After all when was the last time that part of driving your vehicle required knowing what to do when you get shot at. Heck most civilians run in the opposite direction of gun fire (fight or flight) while these brave young men and women, run toward it.

Off my soap box and saluting the flag.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Off my soap box and saluting the flag.
What are you doing playing on that soap box again? If you are not careful you might get soap in your mouth.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Sorry it is getting late.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.