Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
The Best Movie Ever
0%
One of the Best Movies This Year
11.11%
Very Good
33.33%
Decent/Average
0%
Expected it to be a little better but worth watching
0%
A Big Disappointment uncertain if it was worth it
0%
Hated it, not worth it
0%
The Worst movie ever, avoid at all costs
0%
Didn't see it due to moral objection or other reason
0%
Haven't seen it yet but want to.
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

The Simpson's Movie: Your Rating

Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Simpson's Movie: Your Rating

I saw the new Simpson movie. Overall, I was impressed. I plan on watching it a second time (which is something rare for me to do). There were scenes I could have done without, but I thought it was very good. What did you think? (Note: Please do not spoil it for those who are thinking about seeing it)

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 AM

Default RE: The Simpson's Movie: Your Rating

I haven't seen it yet, hopefully I will this weekend. I can't belive it took this long for them to make a movie

Please do not spoil it for those who are thinking about seeing it
I agree
Old 07-31-2007, 06:46 AM

Haven't seen it. Probably won't go to the theatre to see it. I will wait until it hits the cable movie channels.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM

I went to it this past week-end, loved it... ...BUT I love the Simpsons. My wife would not go with me, she hates the Simpsons, so I took my daughter -- and she loved it also. I do think you have to be a Simpson's fan. IF you don't like them on TV, you won't like the movie. If you like them on TV, you will love the movie....
Old 07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Administrator

we are planning on seeing it this weekend...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

That is very much the truth. I was quite impressed that they didn't add very much crude humor, just two to three brief crude jokes they would probably not be allow to do on the Fox Network.

I find the average episode of Family Guy to be loaded with a lot more crude jokes in 22 minuets than an hour and a half of the PG-13 rated movie. Not many cheap jokes, but full of original and signature Simpson running gags. This is one of the few movies based off of a popular cartoon in production that was done correctly.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Administrator

im also a big family guy fan...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

im also a big family guy fan...

I am too recently, but when it first came out, I wasn't interested in it. But my friend said to give it a try again. So TOON channels replays all the older episodes so I have been watching them. Very funny, I can't believe I missed it. I love the Brian the talking dog. Intelligent but still has the dog quarks. Especially the one episode where the wife takes him for a ride in the car. He is all talking intelligently, then gets all exited about the other dog in the other car. I was rolling. But you probably have to see it to understand.

I use to watch the Simpsons all the time. I am sure I would like the money, but I just don't want to spend the $10 bucks to see it. And deal with people. For me to see a flick at the theatre, it has to be something that REALLY peaks my interest.

And about the crude jokes, I think they are great. In fact if you watch old Bugs cartoons, they did too, but as a kid you didn't understand them.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

I realize that classic cartoons were not saints. Quite frankly, classic Disney cartoon characters from should be edited by adding paints to a few characters. Too much detail in the drawings.

What I'm referring to is a particular scene where you unfortunatley see something you have never seen on Fox (at least as far as I know) and probably never will with current standards. Something unnecessary.[:'(] That was never shot in the older ones.

Now don't get me wrong, mild crude humor I'm okay with, but when get to the level of so much detail that it upsets my stomach is when it starts to go too far. I like slap-stick humor better honestly. I also like mild stupid humor (homer doing something that is obviously a bad idea and defending it), but sometimes that goes too far. That can get to the point where it doesn't make any sense. The thing I like about the Simpson's is they use a variety of humor.

In my opinion, the first generation of Family Guy (before Fox dropped them the first time) was much better. Now they get too disgusting at times with their crude humor. Plus they try to make jokes on things that I don't think are something to laugh about. Herbert is a character I find completely inappropriate after knowing people who were molested. In contrast the strange attraction that Smithers has to Mr. Burns is funny most of the time because there is nothing about Burns that is likable (he's a cruel, selfish, backstabbing, villian and yet Smithers thinks the world of him and looks up to him) and although Smithers might have "other motives" it at least does not include a minor but a creepy old man.

Honestly, I like the Simpsons a whole lot better than Family Guy. If they would cut down on their preachiness and excessive dirty jokes, I would consider watching it again.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

I will watch it when it comes out on rentals. There are too many other movies I want to watch like Bourne Ultimatum and others.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: The Simpson's Movie: Your Rating