Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

So: What if?

Old 12-07-2008, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So: What if?

If the big 3 become the big two or big one and in the cutting of platforms in this consolidation the Challenger becomes a casuality, will the few Challenger's built in the first couple of years become instant collectibles?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 AM

Default RE: So: What if?

I would think they would be collectable, but it might take years for them to be worth much. The problem I worry about is the lack of parts on a vehicle that was only manufactured for less than two years. I'm sure aftermarket parts would be readily available, but at what cost?

ORIGINAL: tskatz

If the big 3 become the big two or big one and in the cutting of platforms in this consolidation the Challenger becomes a casuality, will the few Challenger's built in the first couple of years become instant collectibles?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 AM

You are right. Something like a broken windshield would probably cost a fortune to replace.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM

Also, we face the prospect of owning modern versions of DeLoreans. Everything said and done these Challengers are NOT the E-Bodies. There will always be a market for the E-Bodies, but who knows about ours. We could wind up with vehicles like DeLoreans where everyone might look at one, but few people would want to buy one. Hence, unlike SOME people on the forum (names won't be mentioned to avoid embarrassing Paladin), I wouldn't stake my retirement on having a pristine Challenger to sell off at some point.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:07 AM

Yea, you're right, I guess I have to settle for just being a triple dipper.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:01 PM

Sounds like it's about time to make remakes of "Back to the Future" 1, 2 and 3 starring the Challenger as the time machine. "ROADS? WHERE WE ARE GOING WE DON'T NEED ROADS."

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Also, we face the prospect of owning modern versions of DeLoreans. Everything said and done these Challengers are NOT the E-Bodies. There will always be a market for the E-Bodies, but who knows about ours. We could wind up with vehicles like DeLoreans where everyone might look at one, but few people would want to buy one. Hence, unlike SOME people on the forum (names won't be mentioned to avoid embarrassing Paladin), I wouldn't stake my retirement on having a pristine Challenger to sell off at some point.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 PM

Better order your Mr. Fusion today!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Deloreans didn't get the reviews that the Challenger has. It performed like crap and was a pain to drive. It had absolutely no factory backing and the builder was a drug trafficer. Then there was the Prowler. It still didn't bold the press over like the Challenger has but the support for the car is still around years later. I really can't see us losing Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep. Especially since this economic down turn is similar to what happened in the early eighties and we recovered just as we will this time. Why tank a whole company when it will turn around in a couple of years.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Why tank a whole company when it will turn around in a couple of years.
Very simple: Because it's owned by an investment firm, NOT an auto manufacturer.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Why tank a whole company when it will turn around in a couple of years.
Very simple: Because it's owned by an investment firm, NOT an auto manufacturer.
Good Point. American Industry more than any other has become incredibly short sited mainly due to the pressures put on them to pay quarterly dividends no matter what.