Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Stupid meets Gas pedal

Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, a Scottsdale dealership had an ’08 SRT Challenger which belonged to Chrysler, and was available for test driving (Yes, I actually got to drive a Challenger before I purchased my ’08 unlike most ’08 buyers). I remember the salesman, and we had two in the car…telling me to “open it up, and see how she performs”….”Give it more gas, and listen to the exhaust just sing”….”open it up, it’s a Hemi”. Not to smart considering that they had no idea of what my level of driving skills were! Luckily I didn’t feel like taking my life (or their's) in my hand on busy streets, and kept the speed within reason, ok near reason anyhow. (By the way, I didn’t buy my Challenger from this dealership, and they have changed ownership and name since my test drive).
As a kid I also remember taking a new Plymouth GTX out with a friend on a test drive and the salesman told my friend “to open it up”….unfortunately, there was a large drip in the road ahead and we bottomed out the car…. (Sorry to who ever purchased the car as I am sure we bent something underneath there somewhere with the speed we were going and the fact that we actually became airborne).
I still remember being allowed to bring a new car home, over night, and all they asked for was a driver's license!.....Don't think that would happen today.............