Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Tennis Anyone?

Old 09-01-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tennis Anyone?

SO does anyone else watch tennis? Or at least the Agassi matches. I watched last nights match against Baghdatis.
I remember back in my last years of High School watching Agassi starting out. Amazing player and an upstanding sportsman. Watching him play last night was no different. The guy is an amazing player. Especially someone who looks to be in extreme pain from his back problem. I am hoping, I am sure like alot of tennis fans, that he can go the distance being that he is retiring.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Tennis Anyone?

Was a great match. I thought Baghdatis looked older than 21 though... Andre did look pretty stiff. I got a chance to see him play a tournament at the Scottsdale Princess (maybe 10 years ago or so) after he had come back from breaking an arm (or something like that). He won the tournament and that was pretty sweet. I know this sounds like a story but my brother in law's cousin was a linesman for the ATP tour at the time and got us the tickets. His name is Bjorn Bork... told you it sounds like bull but I pinky swear it's the truth.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM

is that THEE Bjorn Bork? or just a coincedance. That is cool though. It would have been fun to see Agassi live. I watched the last match. He may have lost, but you have to admit, he didn't make it easy at all for Becker, and that is with a bad back. You could tell he was in pain. And a great speech he had at the end. Truly a great sprtsman and gracious player.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:26 PM

Bjorn Borg (with a g) was the tennis player while Bjorn Bork is my brother in law's cousin. Too bad about Agassi's back. I have a bad back and can empathize a bit...tough to play competitive tennis in that state.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

After years of being an athlete whether basketball, football, or tennis, the body gets beatup.

Same thing happened to Larry Bird with his hurt back.

He was 35 and an old man in this sport in which he used to be the best 15 years ago.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.