Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable?

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

That's cool. I am not familiar with horses, but maybe you can answer this question that I always wondered. It seems like people trade and sell horses like cars so to speak. Do horses not get attached to their owners? Do they recognize who their owners are? I mean, if someone owns a horse for awhile, then they get sold to someone else, do they get depressed? Say like a dog would? I know different animals, but I always wondered if they have bonds like a house pet does. If they see you, do they react in a "happy" way to see you?
Supposedly, horses never forget a persons smell. I think that most people smell good, or bad, but evidently, horses equate a persons smell with how the person treats the horse. say that you dealt with a horse regularly, and didnt treat it well. When you got near it, the horse would get antsy, and depending on how poorly the person in question treats the horse, the worse its actions can be. some horses dont like men. ive never met a horse that didnt like women. horses are often very jealous animals. the horse that amanda used to lease was especially bad. if amanda would walk away from her stall to give a treat to another horse, her horse would throw a terrible fit.

like any other animal, some are just more well behaved, and im to the point where i can tell as i approach a horse, how much closer i can get. horses pin their ears back, and get antsy when someone approaches whom they do not like, and they do look "pleasant" when someone familiar arrives. if amanda and i are walking into the stable, and her horse sees us, it perks up a bit and oddly, many other people at the stable complain that emily is "nippy", where she will sort of snap like a dog at people. im not incredibly comfortable around many of the horses there, but emily is very friendly with me, and she of one incident that was partially the fault of a passing horse who bit emily on the butt, causing her to lift her head fast and smash into my face, ive never seen her do anything "dangerous".

in short, a horse does recognize people who are nice, and not nice, but some horses just arent personable. the "schooling horses" are generally not friendly, as they are literally ridden hard by people who dont know what they are doing, and that hurts the horse, then the horse is put back in its stall without being groomed or cooled off, which can kill the horse..those horses generally are not friendly for being 'petting animals".

even with this being the case, horses are bought and sold like cars. to some people they are nothing more than an object, but amanda has a greater appreciation for them, so emily is more like a giant pet, that she can ride.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

TechmanBD, I saw that on sweetness-light....what a howl......

Congrats Mirada!

Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

My wife loves horses and when we go to the beach, she loves to rent some time and ride them.

One of these days when we get some larger property, I am sure she will think about getting one.

I love Arabians, Pintos, and Clyesdales.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

I love horses produced by big CID, Hemispherical Heads and even smaller CID un-naturally aspirated fuel induction.

Of course, the four legged varieties are kind of nice too.

The Mrs. clamors for them from time to time, luckily she's open to dirt bikes as an alternative.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 AM

Thanks Patrick for the explanation.

Yeah DamnSkippy, my horse is a steel horse. I am saving to add another one to the stable. I have the sport bike, dirtbike(which is not running), and want to add a cruiser.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 AM

At these gas prices, soon we all may need to get horses of the four-legged variety.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

I bet Amanda is exstatic. I remember her talking about wanting a horse. Glad to see that you were able to get her one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am not sure this horse will not hurt the environment. Most of the time they talk about cows farting and producing methane gas that which causes the greenhouse effect to our environment. I am sure horses have the same problem. However, if you collect the horse cookies you can produce methane gas you can burn.

The moral of that story is while farts are bad, cookies are good. ROFL!!!!!
The funny thing is I was thinking about the same thing as well, but I read that after you guys already discussed this. I guess if need be they could add a catalytic converter on the rear-end. LOL! What do you think?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

That pipe would hurt. OUCH!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

That pipe would hurt. OUCH!
LOL! I'm sure it would. I wonder what aftermarket exhaust systems would be available and whether it would sound musclar like a musclecar or whiny like a weed eater. What do you think?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable?