Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What if.........

Old 03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What if.........

They have been very quiet, so I am assuming they are going into production. If the Challenger is never built then I will resort to looking for a quality
kit car I can afford or restore a sports car. I will eventually do it anyway but will wait if the Challenger does get built.

I like some of the kit cars that use Mustang chassis or Corvette chassis on which to build the kit car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:25 PM

Well, I did my alternative this weekend. Bought my 06 Mustang GT Deluxe this weekend.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 AM

TechmanBD, you really did?! Awesome. Those are some fine looking cars. So tell us the details!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 AM

Yep. Ok here it goes

06 Mustang GT Deluxe in the Tungston Grey/Dark Charcoil Interior.
I wanted the bare basic one, but you can never find one like that so this has the premium radio. The one in between the basic and the Shaker. I think the only difference between the basic and premium is it is a 6 disc model.
Has the alarm system that monitors the whole car even the wheels.
And it has the interior upgrade. It looks good. So far I love the drive of this thing. I haven't got into yet being new and all, but did test drive one with 5000 miles on it, and man they are fun to drive.
I got this whole set up for a little over 25. Sticker was around 28. I work for a supplier and get the x-plan price. So that is I pay 1% below dealer invoice and don't pay any fees(destination, paper work etc....)

Oh and it also came with what they call the IUP. The info center computer thing.Tells your mpg's, how many more miles you can go. and a few other things.(I am still going through the car to see what is on it and what things do. Like a kid in a candy store). You can also change the color of the light of the gauges. There is 5 preset colors, but you can also modify the color by adjusting green/blue/red
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 AM

Congratulations, it does sound great. If you get a chance, post up some pics. And once you get it broken in, some track times!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

My son bought a 2006 Mustang with 300 ponies. He too got the 1000 watt radio with the subwoofer in the trunk.

His is black with black leather interior and I know it will be hot in Texas but it is a hot looking car.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Well, I did my alternative this weekend. Bought my 06 Mustang GT Deluxe this weekend.
Gone to the dark side, you have?? Actually, sounds like a decent car and a good deal. You get the manual or auto? If the Challenger comes out, is this gonna be traded in? Post up some pics when you can.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Gone to the dark side, you have?? Actually, sounds like a decent car and a good deal. You get the manual or auto? If the Challenger comes out, is this gonna be traded in? Post up some pics when you can.
yes I have. I got the manual. No ATX for me. I am still trying to get use to the MTX, my last one was the Dodge Neon. I seem to over rev sometimes. I am not use to the power yet. As far as trading, it will all depend on the circumstance at the time. How much I still owe, the price of the Challenger, The wife. She was already pretty pissed that I got this car. I will take pics soon I hope. Haven't had the time yet.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 AM

TechmanBD, you need to change your signature to "Spending what I saved for the Challenger."
Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 AM

Ah yes, thanks. [sm=goodidea.gif]