Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What women want ... in a car

Old 03-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What women want ... in a car

Some interesting points in this article, but I think they went a little too far to say that if you make a car to satisfy a woman, you will satisfy everyone. Some cars that were geared towards women get listed as (forgive the phrase) "chick cars" because no guys will be caught driving them because of that image out of concern of people questioning their orientation. The current Beetle has that image issue and very few guys drive them as did the early Saturns. Focusing on the interior is important these days, having a woman's touch is certainly important, but you don't want to over do it either. I'm surprised that color was not mentioned since most of the girls I have talked to have no clue what model, make, year, engine, or anything else about their car except what color it is.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

You can tell by all the stupid wussy car names, such as "Prias" and "Elantra."
Billionaire, There ya go again...what do you want a bottle opener in the dash to open your warm flat Schlitz and a stained undershirt to ash your "Philly Blunt" into before you don it, so that it is freshly stained. Can you please pick some other car for wussy car name example.

I like women.

I think some women are talented and can lend to an overall balance in design. Do I want my muscle car to be womanly? No. I think we can all agree to that; but just because if it were take into account some input from the fairer sex, that wouldn't offend me. They tend to get a lot of things we don't. The finer things.

Have a guy design the exterior because they seem to be able to capture the beautifully curvaceous lines that are so inspiring of the female form. But if a woman has some good ideas that make it more usable from the interior, chances are they might be right.

Case in point, I went to Las Vegas w/ friends of mine on one of their bachelor parties. I proceeded to swill booze and stay at the tables almost for 72 hours straight, only retreating to my room periodically to sleep, or go to previously scheduled events. Thus, I saw none of the finer things LV had to offer (including the Belagio I was staying in).

So, I happen to be of the mindset, let'em contribute, chances are they'll only improve upon it (unless they start talking about quiet engines that don't go TOO fast).

Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 PM

I can't argue with you at all, Skippy.
I'd have never given up a rib if it weren't worth the trade. BUT that's the ONLY part of my anatomy I'll sacrifice! I need ALL of my other parts!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:25 PM

Forgot to mention - I just put AVV Vent Visors on the wife's Charger. She loves them!
She asked the doctor for a note to carry in the car stating she's sensitive to extreme light (causes migraines). Now we can "legally" tint the windows.

She's already agreed to let me put the SRT8 blacked out honeycomb grille on the car, as well as the pedistal spoiler that comes on the '06 SRT8 and Daytona Charger. That'll look nice in the driveway next to the Challenger.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

I am all about getting a balance. We all think with different sides of our brains and in a design I like the get the best points added.

I would rather be a conscious conpetent than a unconscious incompetent. In other words, I would have a huge choice of what to put in a design than a limited choice in a design. You have more to choose from and ultmately a better design in the end.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.