Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What are your plans for thanksgiving?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are your plans for thanksgiving?

I'm planning on driving 400 miles to go visit with my parents and my brother. What are your plans?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM

Default RE: What are your plans for thanksgiving?

We decided to save the gas and have our parents and my wife's grandparents to our house this year for thanksgiving. Not sure yet if my sister or my wife's uncle will be coming yet, may not until that day...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Driving 175 miles to my grandma's house on Thursday morning, then driving back that night. Hope everyone has a good one.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Driving 200 miles to see family and eat some good ole' deep friend Cajun Turkey and Pecan pie.....my favorite pie.

I pray that you guys and gals that you will be blessed this Thanksgiving Holiday and please drive safely.

We want everybody to come back safely to the forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator

the in laws on thursday, and like the past three years, my parents will come to visit the day after, and we will again celebrate thanksgving with my mom and dad on thursday.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:45 PM

we usually do turkey day @ our house about 10-15 people.Last year was cold but dryso after I helped the wife all I could, I took out my '74 Chally for a little exercise. Looks like the weather will co-operate this year for a repeat performance.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 AM

As always, I'll work. But at least I'm off Wednesday this year.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 AM

Both my brothers work for airlines and work the Holiday. My kids will go "up north" to cottage with their mother and her family (we're divorced). My girlfriend and I will spend lovely day. I'm planning to make simple yet elegant and traditional dinner with Cornish Hens instead of turkey. Maybe check the internet, other stuff too, watch Detroit Lions, Detroit parade...
Steve
Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Stevelegel, Hey if you like country ham (Smithfield being my favorite), it's an excellent compliment to Cornish hens. If you're familiar with Low Country Cuisine, maybe coupled with some kale or collard greens, that'd probably be the genre of food by which this would be categorized. Perfect for a couples' thanks

Anyhoo, had this at a nice restaurant called Lowry's down in VA in a little town called Tappahannock on the Rappahannock. If you're ever in this area of VA, do yourself a favor and go there; nice place.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Great thread idea by the way...just wanted to chime in for a second.

The Beener, is gonna meet up with Mom, Dad and little Sister (Allison) in Sudbury, MA for a glorious celebration of everything turkey & trimmings. He's gonna get his food-on that day my friends, that you can be sure of! Quality time will most certainly be spent in Dad's garage talking/complaining about his 1954 MG TF. As Cameron (Alan Ruck) so famously said in 1986's Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "it is his love, it is his passion" when referring to his movie Dad's 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. The MG is currently in need of a new charging system. This little snafu helps remind Dad of why the license plate above the rear bumper reads simply, GRIEF! Any of you that have driven and/or owned a 20th century British "sports car" know exactly what The Beener is talking about right now. Am I right? The old man purchased the MG way back in 1964 while he was still a Senior in high school. It went through a complete restoration in the late 1970's and he obviously still owns it today. Just recently it won a Best of Show award at a local car show.

After we finish up tinkering with the MG, I will most likely initiate the discussion of my new passion...The All-New Dodge Challenger! When Dad first found out that Junior had a hard-on for the new Chally he almost fell out of his seat! He knows full well that up until now I've always been a blue oval guy. To this day he is still having difficulty trying to wrap his head around the fact that I'm in love with a Dodge. Stranger things have happened I suppose, but what can a guy do when love is blind.

Then we'll probably head upstairs again to see what kind of trouble we can get our waistlines in to back in the kitchen. We will of course watch some football and laugh at all the other teams who aren't the New England Patriots and then passout with smiles on our faces.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Quick Reply: What are your plans for thanksgiving?