Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What's your favorite driving tune ?

Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where Do We Go From Here-Vanishing Point Original Movie Soundtrack 1971!
Attached Thumbnails photo0055.jpg   photo0063.jpg   photo0071.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

I found this old post.

What is the first song you play in your new Challenger?

https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sh...highlight=song
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AHHHH I remember those days well. The excitement and antisipation. I remember the first Challenger SRT-8 that showed up at Lake Norman Dodge. My youngest brother is a truck driver and saw one at this dealership. He called me and told me this info. I was at my younger brothers house helping with an engine install. So we dropped what we were doing and jumped into his Astro van and off we went. I had on my fatigue shorts and a greasy T-shirt. My brother was dressed the same way flipflops and all. We got to the showroom and there was alot of really nicely dressed salesmen and customers looking at a black SRT-8 Challenger. I walked up to look at the car and comment on how awsome it looked. The salesman took one look at me and thought (who let this hillbilly in) LOL. My brother and I could quote the specks and were in the process of an excited disscussion of the finer aspects of the SRT-8 and future R/T. The salesman interjected and let me know real quick that I was ignorant of the fact there would be no manuals in the Challenger. I tried to correct him and he let me know real quick that he was the expert. And then asked me if I was interested in purchasing a Challenger. I said I was but in 09 when the 6-speed would be available. He laughed and asked where I worked. I said Duke Power Co. His whole attitude changed. He informed me that they just ordered an SRT-8 and I might be interested in it. He left to go get the specs on it and then returned to invite me back to talk to the owner. I and my shabbly dressed brother walked back to the owners office to talk to him and 3 other fiely dressed guys. He said you work at Duke and I replied I did. He said they had ordered a 2009 SRT-8 Black auto and I could get that one if I wanted. I said I wanted a 6-speed and he said that would be no problem. I said let me think on it and I would let him know. He gave me his card and said to ask for him personally. That was really funny. The car on the showroom belonged to Ray Everham and Casey Kahnes was in the back getting detailed. Just goes to show you should not judge a book by its cover.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Hahaha I got a free hat when i showed a salesmen up. He claimed the 09 ram only had 375 Horse. I told him no. They upped the Hemi to 390, he said i was getting it confused with the torque. Which was also wrong.

My dad was later talking to the GM, and he confirmed that i was right. So, he went to the back and pulled the dealer hats out and said anyone that knows more than my salesmen about one of our cars deserves a free hat. Sadly, I lost the hat somewhere. It'll show up eventually.

Back to the subject.
My favorite would have to be Runnin with the Devil By Van Halen. Or just about any VH song.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by challengerlover
Where Do We Go From Here-Vanishing Point Original Movie Soundtrack 1971!
Oh yes...........that song will get your blood flowing for sure.......just be careful there are no bulldozers in the area while playing listening to the song.....
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM

Don McLean - American Pie
Sleeping In My Car-Roxette

Last edited by pirataye; 06-01-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM

I haven't graduated to that level yet. My electronic stereo has only gotten turned on when the stereo from the exhaust stops. I love it!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:38 PM

Mine is Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Ahh this can be a somewhat subjective question. One can experience different moods whilst driving and so it follows, the proper tune for the mood must be selected.
If it is to be a tune that evokes what I like to call the "Jeckyll to Hyde syndrome", one that you almost involuntarily drop the hammer at the stroke of the very first chord, I'd have to say it is ZZ Top's "Just got paid today". Second choice would have to be George Thorogood's "Gear Jammer". 100's more come to mind but those are my top choices

Just thought of another one....The Bottle Rocket's "Radar Gun". If you haven't heard this one you owe it to yourself to "youtube" it

Speaking of youtube, I just found one that strikes a familiar nerve. Check out Audio Slave's "Show me how to live" video.

Last edited by dragontamer63; 06-09-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional thought