Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

WHHAAAAAA?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHHAAAAAA?

Bet that title caught your eye.

Aparently Off-Road Motorcycle/ATV/Snowmobile Manufactures have to cease all production of youth vehicles because of lead in the parts of the engine,batteries, etc.

Question?
How the are parts in the engine going to affect some kid riding the vehicle? That AIN'T gonna give lead poisining. the only way he might be poisoned is if he sucks on the exhaust pipe. These vehicles comprise around 20% of the industries marketyou are loosing a BIG chunk of the pie with this.

Come on. I've never heard of any kid dying of lead poisoning because of a dirt bike or ATV. it just doesn't make sense.

Here's an article.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/5/2382...cle-Sales.aspx
Old 02-18-2009, 05:22 AM

Default RE: WHHAAAAAA?

Thank you Federal Gov't for protecting me from myself.....Lucky that they are watching over us, because we are not smart enough to protect ourselfs.......
Question...How did I survive childhood without a bike helmet?!?!? AND, I owned several BB guns (and never put an eye out)...I had a lot of danger around me as a child....I should sue my parents!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM

What ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. My dad rode dirt bikes without a helmet one countless occations back in the 70's and the only scar he has from a helmet related crash (which was on a bike) was a goose egg up on the old noggin. Which is still visable today.(the lack of some hair doesn't cover anything up.
Ohhh man I hope my dad doesn't monitor me on this site. If so, I'll be gettin' a beatin' in the next few days.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Beating? What are you, 15 or 16 now?
You're too old for beatings.
Our kids are 23, 21, 19, 18, 14, and 12 - and I can't remember the last time I gave ANY of them a beating.

Nah, Dad will get ya where it counts......
He'll take away your cell phone and ipod for a week. You'll be "drooling-crazy" in two days without 'em.
Isn't THAT worse than a beating?
LMAO!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Nah. My dad doesn't let me text for that very reason. I could go a week without my phone. My mp3 player would be different tho. I can stand the bus with out busting out some Van Halen, Sweet REO Speedwagon or Huey Lewis and the news.(that's right. I respect the classics. Not a big fan of AC/DC or Metallica but other than that.

The worst thing my dad did to me is take my dirt bike away.
He doesn't beat me. I beat him.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Well that's just perfect, now I'm sure I'm going to hear about a lay off at the Kawasaki plant from my family and friends. This has nothing at all to do with safety, this is nothing short of a power grab. I'm sure that the emissions of these vehicles and the fact that these manufacturers are from Japan has NOTHING to do with this.[:@] While we are at it, why don't we ban breathing since it produces CO2 and we might be breathing imported air. DONE DONE DONE![sm=jawdrop.gif]

tdub2112, you have good taste. I also like older music, in fact I have CDs from groups that existed 20 years before those.

BootCamp, no such thing as too old for beatings. It depends solely on the person.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 PM

I'm glad they didn't quit making bigger bikes because i just bought a new Honda CRF230F and its the most fun I've ever had.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
BootCamp, no such thing as too old for beatings. It depends solely on the person.
LOL, Bud. Honestly, I've had no reason to adminster corporal punishment for a VERY long time.
It's funny how we appear to be less of an @$$hole as our kids get older. When I hear MY words coming from their lips, that tells me I did something right.

Tanner - you're not alone. My kids have claimed the music from my generation as their own too. Rush, Doobie Brothers, Paul Simon, and even James Taylor. Now you guys are taking our clothing too - bell-bottoms, halter tops, hip-huggers, .........
God help us if there's a resurgence of Disco Music and Haggar Leisure Suits.
[]
[&o]
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM

First song i'll be playing in the barracuda on his re-maiden voyage will be Barracuda.(how original)

Here's what i have on my computer right now.
Boston-Don't Look Back, Greatest Hits
The Cars- Greatest Hits
Cheap Trick- Greatest Hits
Heart- The Road Home
Huey Lewis and the News-Time Files
Journey- The Essential Journey, Evolution, Revelation
REO Speedwagon- The Hits
Rush- Chronicles, Different Stages, A Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, Snakes and Arrows, Test for Echo
Van Halen- Diver Down, Van Halen

My brother has a lot more of the classics on his than I do but my library keeps growing.(aka Stealing CD's from his house, burning them onto my computer, and then giving them back to him when he didn't even know I took 'em.)

My dad has a bunch of tapes with some classics that we found in the trunk of the Cuda.(those'll be slapped on to CD's and burned onto the computer in a while.)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
LOL, Bud. Honestly, I've had no reason to adminster corporal punishment for a VERY long time.
It's funny how we appear to be less of an @$$hole as our kids get older. When I hear MY words coming from their lips, that tells me I did something right.

Tanner - you're not alone. My kids have claimed the music from my generation as their own too. Rush, Doobie Brothers, Paul Simon, and even James Taylor. Now you guys are taking our clothing too - bell-bottoms, halter tops, hip-huggers, .........
God help us if there's a resurgence of Disco Music and Haggar Leisure Suits.
[]
[&o]
It also depends on the type of beating. Here's what my younger cousin could use. [sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]

Just kidding, I was primarily joking about the matter. Though honestly there were some kids back when I was in H.S. needed it as they were completely out of control as their parents philosophy was anarchy and it showed.

Yeah, it is beginning to frighten me how much I sound like my father. We are much closer now that I'm an adult. It helps that we finally found subjects we could talk about. (Cars, politics, businesses and what they are doing wrong in their management, people and why they have financial problems, society and why it is decaying, religion, etc.)

No, there are things that our generation does instead like having our jeans down to our knees and if you are unlucky, sometimes you loss your lunch over what can happen with this (belts and suspenders were made for a reason for the love of all that is good and sweet WEAR ONE PEOPLE!). We have belts that look like their made of chains or made real wide with colors that do not fit. What we do that somehow fits under the dancing category in the academic sense is about as subtle as being struck by a speeding train. We like to pierce every square inch of our body so then we can be easily infected and never be understood if we have to take the stand. We think we are macho by using the same four letter word over and over and over and over and over again, but we are too cowardly to actually work at a job that will make us sweat. We think that the way you win a debate is by being able to out insult the other person, and have no idea what the relevance of "attacking the person" is from logic. Our in car is having a little rice burner add all kinds of idiotic lights, having more body cladding than a Pontiac Aztek, adding a folgers can for an exhaust, make it sound like an angry weed eater, have rims the diameter of a crop circle, and a radio that is so loud it can be heard from a mile away so then the driver and passengers are deaf by the age of 25. Trust me, the things your generation lacked taste on is nothing compared to the things our generation lacks taste on. If I had to choose between the garbage people my age STILL wear and a Haggar Leisure Suit, I'd take the stupid looking suit. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the moon coming out early.[:'(]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts