Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Why did it have to happen to me?

Old 04-13-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did it have to happen to me?

Well here is the bad news. My 20 year old daughter totaled out her 2003 Dodge Neon about two weeks ago. In the past months since just had started college, I've dumped a bucket of money into that thing but always protecting my Challenger down payment I was saving up.

Well the good news is other then a minor bruise on her brain, a sprained neck, bruised knees, chest shoulder, she is in good shape.

So I got those big brown OH Daddy eyes, my beautiful Neon is gone and I can not get to work, school or hang out with my friends. .

So here I go into my special Challenger fund. We went out and looked around and see had her eye on a new Cobalt LT model. Not a bad car. The review sites on the web and most of the auto magazines give it 8 out of 10 points. Some even 10 out of 10.

So with a tear in my eye I wrote the check and she picks up her new Cobalt tomorrow. Fully loaded, power, power, power, sunroof, custom stereo, tilt, cruise, air, maintenance computer, fold down back seat, complete LT2 sport package.

I'm so sad right now fellas. This father thing is tough sometime you know..[&o][&o]

Old 04-13-2006, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Why did it have to happen to me?

I had a 2004 neon that was totalled, Glad she made it through. I got to say that neon for a cheap car saved my life. I was hit for the rear from someone doing at leats 50mph while I was at a stand still. And I just suffered a sprang back and neck. That little car took the brute force of the impact.

You couldn't convince her to keep it a dodge and get that new Caliber? That is what I think I would have got if it wasn't for the fact I wanted a muscle car now.

Good luck to you in saving again for the challenger.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

a cobalt? make friend with a mechanic...
Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Damn, lost one to the dark side! Glad to hear she's OK, but a Cobalt? We figured you would have raised her better than that! J/K!
Old 04-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Man she is 20. Like the wife, they are on the controls while I'm along for the ride.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM

Isn't parenthood a blast? Just got my son's first college tuition bill.... and he hasn't even graduated high school yet. I could probably buy a Cobalt and have enough left for a used Neon besides for what that's gonna set me back.....
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Administrator

im not even married and im already just along for the ride...
Old 04-13-2006, 06:21 PM

Amen brother..

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

im not even married and im already just along for the ride...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Personally, I probably would have bought a used car instead of a new one. This makes them appreciate the dollar a little more and keeps them from being spoiled so easy.

The Cobalt is a small car and I would have gone for a mid-size used car with a good safety rating like a Taurus.

The new car should be when they are making their own money for car payments, insurance, gas. But those are just my feelings.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:54 AM

Yeah, should of helped her buy 2002 Neon.

Quick Reply: Why did it have to happen to me?