Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Absolutely!
52.94%
No way 1-13 Miami will feed them their lunch on Sunday!
17.65%
I could care less; I hate Bill Belichick and I hate the Patriots!
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Will the New Eng. Patriots go undefeated?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the New Eng. Patriots go undefeated?

I think it's about time we started talkin' a little Football!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:30 PM

Default RE: Will the New Eng. Patriots go undefeated?

I think they will but they left a bad taste in many fans mouths conerning spygate [:'(].
Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 AM

Oh, without a doubt. They made mince meat out of the Dolphins early this year and they'll do it again. But, I'm a little squeamish on saying that the Giants game will be a major scoring game though. But, they'll win it though. But all in all the'll have that lovely (*) for the rest of all time. (Even though every team does try to get away with some pre-emptive spying)
Old 12-19-2007, 07:50 AM

I may be a little biased here, being a Pats fan, but my feeling is at the end of the day YOU STILL HAVE TO EXECUTE!!! Knowing what signals one particular team's defense is using doesn't benefit the Pats' defense and/or their offense against any other team besides perhaps the NY Rats. It was something that took place in plain view on the field. It's not like the Pats' front ofice got a hold of a playbook or tampered with another team's free agent(s) or anything at all like that.

YOU STILL HAVE TO EXECUTE and the Pats do it better then any other team in the entire hstory of the NFL. I'd LOVE to see the look on Mercury Morris and Bob Greise's faces when the Pats become the only team to ever go 15-0. Maybe Mercury will FINALLY shut the hell up once and for all!

GO PATS!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator

it doesnt matter how big of a difference it made...its cheating. its like saying "sure he did steriods, but he didnt get any bigger".
Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 AM

You can call it whatever you want, but they "paid their debt" ($750K in fines AND a first round draft pick). JUST for videotaping some guy waving his arms on the sidelines of a football field for all the world to see. Do you really consider that "cheating"?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 AM

Didn't the 1972 Dolphins go 15-0? If I'm not mistaken they did.

Anyway, I think the Dolphins will take 'em. They're on a roll after winning their first game of the season.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

You can call it whatever you want, but they "paid their debt" ($750K in fines AND a first round draft pick). JUST for videotaping some guy waving his arms on the sidelines of a football field for all the world to see. Do you really consider that "cheating"?
anything mentioned in the rules as being illegal, is cheating...theyve obviously shown that it didnt make much of a difference, but it was still cheating. im surprised that they didnt PUNISH the jets for that...

also, i dont feel that the patriots record will make as much of a difference if they dont win the super bowl...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:43 AM

Pats fan here. Grew up in Maine, college near Boston. I give them a 60% chance of going 19-0. Dolphins won last week so pressure is off them to win this week. Pats win that one. Giants likely a lock with the 5th seed so no reason to risk anything by playing all out. Shockey's done for the year and the rest of their receivers can't catch anything. Belichik will play the first team in the final game knowing he has a two week break and not wanting his starters to be off for three weeks. Pats have already beaten Colts, Steelers, and Chargers. But anything can happen. Injury to Brady, Moss, Vrabel will hurt. A couple turnovers or big plays against them could be the difference as well. But they seem to have gotten the benefit of a lot of breaks befitting a team of destiny.

Anyway, it will be a fun playoff season.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator

i think that the steelers played pretty poorly against the pats...had we gotten some guys back like aaron smith and polamalu, it might have been different, but the steelers played like crap and didnt give the pats a game.