Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Absolutely!
52.94%
No way 1-13 Miami will feed them their lunch on Sunday!
17.65%
I could care less; I hate Bill Belichick and I hate the Patriots!
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Will the New Eng. Patriots go undefeated?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will the New Eng. Patriots go undefeated?

it doesnt matter how much time was left. what would have happened if randy moss would have stomped off the field, again?

belichoke is known for being a poor sport, and he showed his true colors yesterday...there is NO EXCUSE for a coach leaving the field unless hes injured or ejected, so long as there is time on the game clock. its amusing listening to the guys on sportscenter tell it like it is with him...he should be a college coach, where acting like a baby and running the score up is accepted.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

it doesnt matter how much time was left. what would have happened if randy moss would have stomped off the field, again?

belichoke is known for being a poor sport, and he showed his true colors yesterday...there is NO EXCUSE for a coach leaving the field unless hes injured or ejected, so long as there is time on the game clock. its amusing listening to the guys on sportscenter tell it like it is with him...he should be a college coach, where acting like a baby and running the score up is accepted.
Shades of Bobby Knight?.....
Old 02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator

i dont know that knight ever just walked out on his team, but he was ejected plenty....i dont have a problem with the way that bobby knight (who retired today) does things, shy of hitting the players..although, one was his own kid.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:17 PM

I used to coach Little League baseball. It was more a nightmare than a reward..... The kids were for the most part really great, but the parents sucked all of the fun out of it.
When I see Bobby Knight, all I can see in my mind's eye are the parents who made little league a miserable experience for me (and I can only imagine - for their kids too), trying to achieve athletic success vicariously through their kids.

Belichick runs his team like a business. He's relentless. In the business world, that's an admirable trait. In sports, not so much.
His problem is that he has poor people skills and doesn't relate to the media well - never has. I think he'd be a better Director of Personnel than head coach. He can recognize talent and get the most out of it. But don't think for one second he's "personable". He's not and makes no apologies for it. Fine - for someone behind the scenes.
Spygate - round two, coming up.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Administrator

im not personable, and i would never consider leaving my team behind for a second...
Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

im not personable, and i would never consider leaving my team behind for a second...
LOL... Touche!