Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

YOUR PAST OLD CHALLENGERS??

Old 07-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR PAST OLD CHALLENGERS??

[sm=morning.gif]JERIMIAH 11;29 WHAT WAS YOR OLD CHALLENGER YOU HAD AND WHAT WAS IN IT
4SPD// A/T///.

ENGINE??? ANY BUILD UPS TO IT????
MODIFICATIONS OR KEEP IT STOCK????
WHATS THE OVERALL OPINION OF BUILDING A CAR THE WAY YOU WANT IT
VS TOTALLY ORIGINAL IE HEADS VALVE COVERS, INTAKE,HOSES,
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN LIKE A #10 CAR????

IM THINKING ABOUT BUILDING MINE THE WAY I WOLUD HAVE LIKE
TO HAVE WALK ONTO A DEALERSHIP LOT IN THE 70'S AND BOUGHT IT.

I KNOW WE HAVE TO GET INTO THIS CENTURY ON THESE OLDER CARS
TO KEEP UP WITH HANDLING AND EVERTHING...
THERE IS SO MUCH AFTERMARKET STUFF OUT THERE.

BY THE WAY 1 BAD MIRADA, JERIAMIAH,,,
I WORK FOR A CAR DEALER HAVE FOR YEARS .THATS WHY I LOVED THE STORY MIRADA TOLD ME ABOUT HIS DAD.

CANT DO THAT ANYMORE.

DONT KNOW THE AGE OF YOU OUT THERE SO LETS GET SOMETHING GOING ON THAT I AM 44 AND BEEN INTO MOPRS ALL MY LIVE .
THATS WHY I WAS SO GLAD TO PICK UP MY CHALLENGER
AND GET BACK INTO THE HOBBY OF YEARS AGO.

BACK IN THE 70'S HAD A BLAST WITH THESE CARS.

LOOKING FORWORD TO THE NEW CHELLENGER. THE POST BY I THINK NEW GUY ON THE WHITE ONE
WAS SWEET. BLOW IT UP.. NICE

GOT TO HAVE ONE...............
POST BACK AND LET ME KNOW ABOUT MODS VS ORIGINAL

NICE TO BACK
71 CHALLENGER
Old 07-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: YOUR PAST OLD CHALLENGERS??

Hey 71 Challenger,

Below is a copy and a paste of my original post when I joined the post.
A little history.....this car originally belonged to a childhood friend of my mine
because she was my Dad's boss's daughter. He was murdered and found buried
behind a meat store. She was their only daughter and they were devastated to say the least.
The car sat outside underneath a tree for over a year whithering away until I moved back home
to go to a diffent college and my Dad told him I needed a car. Since they were friends of the family
they thought they could kind of keep the car in the family by selling it to me. I knew what this car meant a lot
to them. I also knew they would see me and the car from time to time so I planned to take care of it and make it look good.

The car was kind of trashed....I am sure part because of the police investigation. But I wanted to make
it my own. To add the bigger wheels, I had to add hydraulic shocks in the rear. What is funny is when we would
go on double dates, I would make fun of the couple in the back seat because then the car would occassionly touch the wheel wells.

The top was vinyl which I always disliked, but I would use vinyl wax and it would really shine. I converted the modified points and condenser
back to electronic ignition but I had a high performance Tiger ignition and 50KV coil. I also added a larger 2 barrel careburetor. The spark plugs
I got from JC Whitney and they were a 4 point type and supposedly made a bigger spark. The trunk was painted with a splattered look type of paint
(dark grey with small white spots). The silver shiny rear back above the bumper was painted black. CB's were big back in the day so I also had a rear
deck mounted 5/8 wave center loaded antenna. I also got rid of the stock radio and replaced it with and AM/FM/8-Track radio with 4 way speaker control
for the 2 front and rear speakers. I was big into Quadrphonic and so you either had to build or go to a specialty radio store to find one of these to put in your
car to control all 4 speakers. I still have a the control box in mint condition and maybe I will take a picture of it and post it. It is a little piece of history.
I also still have another 8-track auto player and home 8-track recorder which is also a piece of history.

To answer your post, I would not make it stock for two reasons: a) This is expensive but you can
do it if you want to enter it in shows. You have to do a lot of searching to find original looking batteries and stuff and of course
they are very expensive b) The car becomes a trailer queen and not a daily driver.

For me, I prefer to make the car my own with all of the cool stuff available these days.....make it a reliable daily driver
and show it to friends and outside car meetings, but that is just me.

If you want the challenge of making it totally stock, there a lot of people doing that you can have fun discussing the trials
and tribulations of doing that. Best wishes in whatever you decide to do. I just ask one thing...... be sure to not forget about us
and post pictures of your progress.

"Hi everyone,

A little about my self. My favorite car of all time is the Ford GT originally know as the GT40. I fell in love with it about 15 years ago when I saw it in a book. After looking into building a kit car I discovered that it would still be too expensive. Then I discovered that Ford was going to build it. I hoped that it would not be expensive. Ha! Ha! Boy was I wrong. So here I am still looking
and thinking about building a car. Unfortunately, it takes the average gearhead about 4 years to build a car. Okay so maybe I could build a partial car. But I am a litttle particular about cars
so picking a car that is in good shape would be difficult. I have looked at cars that are great in handling but have good acceleration. How about a Lotus Elise, Exige, (what happened to the M240)
Porshce C
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:47 PM

jerimiah 29:11, thanks for the feedback.
i know what you mean about the cost of concourse
restoration and such so
iprobably am going to build it the way i want it.
and its defenetlt is not going to be trail queen.
going to drive it whenever i can except winter. lol
live in st paul mn, winter can be bruttel here. thanks again for the feedback.

71 challenger
Old 07-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Other than the tan seats,steering wheel, and transmission this looks so much like the interior of my old 73 Challenger. I even have the old cowboy hat left over from high school.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/94C64869C28445489970E0108E21386C.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Looks a lot like the one I saw last Sunday. I think it was a 73. The car looked like it had be modified. It had a 440 with Edelbrock parts and lots of after market stuff all over it. The person even put a bumble bee symbol on the grill.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts