Notices
Regional Section Looking for other DC.com members in your area? Have an event or show to talk about? This is your section!

Midwest members

Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest members

I spotted a TORRED RT on Saturday down in Shorewood, any one here doing some driving?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Thor77

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this section of the country. It looks like RRUNNER is close to my neck of the woods, and brucer41 & 1971cuda are from Northern Illinois. Thor77 what part of Indiana are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Alright, how long have you lived in your current location?

I've lived here from 1985-2005 then returned in 2008.

South Bend (which is North Central, just south of the Michigan border). Been here since 1986.
Also home to Tire Rack. Now THAT could come in handy!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 AM

Northwest Chicago Suburbs here. Picked the car up 2 days before Christmas, and I can't help but drive it on the occasional dry day. Just get it home again, wash it down good, and back under the cover. Unfortunately the cover goes on when it's back in the driveway. [:@] Two car garage, one bay for Motorcycles and tools, one bay for the wife's '07 Wagnum. Still, a good all-weather cover does wonders... At least I keep telling myself that...

-Rench
Old 01-16-2009, 08:11 PM

Man do I feel guilty. I live in Georgia where we don't worry about road salt, snow and harsh weather, at all. I'm so paranoid about paint damage that I built a garage, installed a heating system that also controls humidity AND bought covers for the cars and bikes. Why do I feel guilty?? The house needs a new roof, the appliances are getting pretty close to their end of life and the wife's daily driver leaks power steering fluid. I know it cost me every brownie point I had left after 17 years of marriage but I sleep better at night knowing that Kitty, Tonka, Jake, Lola, Mona, Millie, Gabrielle and Sofia are all tucked away in their nice, warm house.

Man is she going to freak when I mention I'm thinking of adding on to the garage. HEY PEGGY-SUE WILL BE COMING HOME SOON AND SHE NEEDS A BED!! [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 AM

That's a helluva name list, and I assume the garage to house it all? My garage has Christina, Stitch, and The Wagnum. The General (I know, I know, but it's a hemi-orange two-door, what else do you call it?!?) and Nelly get the driveway.

Christina = 2004 Harley Sportster
Stitch = 2006 Honda Metro
Nelly = 1998 Jeep Wrangler, rusted, busted, leaks everything but oil, WILL NOT DIE.

-Rench
Old 01-20-2009, 12:30 PM

A few years back I had a 20x30 built out back. It holds 4 cars and 4 motorcycles pretty comfortably. The house has a two bay attached onto it. My '67 Eleanor is being painted (Peggy-Sue) but should be coming home later this Summer (I hope).
Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 PM

Eastern Iowa, got mine halloween night. It sits in the garage unless I have to drive it on the clear days. But I had to drive in SNOW this past weekend. We took it out of town and woke up to a SNOW covered Challenger in the hotel parking lot. It looked like a lost sheep. Of course, it was parked on the out skirts of the parking lot. With every other vehicle parked as close to the entrance as possible mine set in the middle of the outside row with not a car within 50 feet.

Only interesting fact for where I am is that Field of Dreams was filmed about 15 minutes from my house.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm in Gurnee, and I am planning a road trip/cruise to the 15th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise (www.woodwardddreamcruise.com). The cruise got it's start as an effort to raise funds for a kids play field in Ferndale, MI. They expected about 250 cruisers, 25,000 showed. Now, in it's 15th year they continue to raise funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs. Funds are raised through merchandise sales. Now as far as the cruise, they typically get about 40,000 cars and about 1.7 million people. Almost needless to say that this is considered the largest one day car event worldwide. You just never know what car will pull up next to you. Oh yeah, it is a 16 mile cruise, taking you through I believe 9 cities.

My goal is to help coordinate a Dodge Challenger caravan out to the cruise and settling in at the cruis eas a group. Though the cruise is a one day event, cruisers are hanging out, cruising, etc. the entire week prior to the official Dream Cruise.

Does anyone have an interest ikn participating in this event? Pleaase post either way.

Many thanks,

Chicago Toimmy
2009 Challenger R/T
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 AM

I am interested in joining! I am planning on going to the cruise and doing it Challoenger caravan style would be way cool!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 AM

Kansas City here.

Quick Reply: Midwest members