Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Production vs Concept comparison pictures

Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

The only difference I see is that the spy pic ones aren't covered in shiny chrome. I'm guessing chrome covers just slip over them?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
mac

I was wondering that too. As a test mule. they are more interested in the power train, breaking and overall handling I would assume.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

From the spy picture I couldn't see the black valance ports. It looked to me the pipes were just sticking in the air.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 AM

Why are we complaining about this car? If you want the MSRP to be another 10K maybe they can justify building a different assembly line to handle the changes, as is I'm happy with the way it looks, they chopped it down in order to use existing assembly lines, which cut down on the MSRP.

Even with the minor changes they've made it still looks more like the concept than 90% of production cars compared with their concepts. So quit complaining and embrace the fact that this car will still live up to it's name, and isn't getting wimped out like the mustangs and the camaro
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

If the rectangular exhaust doesn't look like this 2008 Challenger picture.....I will cry.

The spy pictures of the silver Challenger looked nothing like this. Hopefully it was a bad picture or a bad mule.

This picture is beautiful, even without the divided exhaust like back in the day.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/40670F034EFB4C6B871BA1FEDEF59C97.jpg[/IMG]
I just took a closer look at the silver picture...I think the tips are just really dirty..look a the the wheels, they are so dirty they look painted, not polished or chrome... I have owned several cars with chrome tips (including the 300C SRT8), and it doesnt take much driving in bad weather to get them really dirty
Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 AM

not to bust anyone's bubble, but the mesh in the hood scoops is correct, as they will be non functioning due to liability reasons. I do hope the final production models exhaust tips conform to the teaser pictures also. Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy
Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.
And you based this on what exactly?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:31 AM

The specification and options sheet lists the hood scoop as functional. This does not mean it has the flaps, just means air can enter. The Charger SRT8 is also listed as functional...

not to bust anyone's bubble, but the mesh in the hood scoops is correct, as they will be non functioning due to liability reasons. I do hope the final production models exhaust tips conform to the teaser pictures also. Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 AM

If your refering to the 08 model it will be ready in the spring time, not summer...

[quote]ORIGINAL: retroboy

Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jockomikey

The specification and options sheet lists the hood scoop as functional. This does not mean it has the flaps, just means air can enter. The Charger SRT8 is also listed as functional...

i noticed the srt8 chargers window sticker said that too! what liability is the other guy refering too??? i don't understand why they didn't go butterflies. they were designed to open ONLY at WOT. IMO the 03-04 mach's shaker is more of a liability (hydro lock) than the butterflies would have ever been in the challenger. I'm well aware of all the bends in the shaker but it's "on" at all times no flap opens or closes on it. small percent that it would seize up but who's to say it can't happen on the mach's. oh well what's done is done. i know i'm going to have fun modifying it myself even if the butterflies don't go aftermarket. i hope they make after market side mirrors for them. the concept are alot shorter than the silver ones.

Quick Reply: Production vs Concept comparison pictures