Notices
Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

esp, trac. control

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esp, trac. control

how do you work the esp button. i think that same button also controls the trac control. any knowledge will be helpful.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:15 PM

Default RE: esp, trac. control

First, you've got to really stare at it. Focus hard and make sure there are no distractions. Then straighten your right hand index finger while curling the other three fingers in towards your thumb. Over-lap your thumb over the three curled fingers to hold them securely in place to avaiod any possibility of them suddenly straightening potentially causing injury or a hang nail. Finally, extend arm as to bring index finger within close proximity of ESP button. Continue closing the distance from finger to button until finger comes into contact with button. Gradually increase pressure on button until you hear and feel the button mechanism engage in detents which will either light or unlight the dash mounted icon signifying that ESP as been enabled/disabled. Repeat as often as you like.

I'm a kidder. It's what I do. Sorry, I'm certain you meant somehting completely different but I couldn't resist having a little fun.

ORIGINAL: bluebare

how do you work the esp button. i think that same button also controls the trac control. any knowledge will be helpful.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM

Press and hold said button in for about 8 seconds till you hear a chime. That will turn off esp. and traction off completely.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

First, you've got to really stare at it. Focus hard and make sure there are no distractions. Then straighten your right hand index finger while curling the other three fingers in towards your thumb. Over-lap your thumb over the three curled fingers to hold them securely in place to avaiod any possibility of them suddenly straightening potentially causing injury or a hang nail. Finally, extend arm as to bring index finger within close proximity of ESP button. Continue closing the distance from finger to button until finger comes into contact with button. Gradually increase pressure on button until you hear and feel the button mechanism engage in detents which will either light or unlight the dash mounted icon signifying that ESP as been enabled/disabled. Repeat as often as you like.
ROFLMAO!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:16 AM

This was f^&^in priceless!!!!!!! my coworkers are all wondering why I'm laughing hysterically in my cubicle......

ORIGINAL: epegasus

I'm a kidder. It's what I do. Sorry, I'm certain you meant somehting completely different but I couldn't resist having a little fun.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM

can you control each esp and trac control independently? say for drag racing you want the trac control off but the esp on.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:28 AM

Nah, they are both tied together in the same program, and when ESP is completely disabled, the BAS (brake assist) is also disabled.

Not sure if a hand-held tuner can control each one independantly, however.

can you control each esp and trac control independently? say for drag racing you want the trac control off but the esp on.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:12 AM

Will that work on an R/T? or only the SRT
According to what I have read in the manual you cannot turn it completly
ORIGINAL: Dodge Favre ever

Press and hold said button in for about 8 seconds till you hear a chime. That will turn off esp. and traction off completely.

off on an R/T (auto)
I cannot check this out myself till spring or I would.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:14 PM

I can't speak for the R/T autos but you can turn it all the way off in the manuals by starting the car, getting it rolling then turning the key to start again and holding it there for a few seconds until you hear a chime and the ESB/BAS/traction control warning indicators light up on the dash. The starter will not re-engage while the car is running because a solenoid prevents it.

This should, however, work for the autos as well as I know from others with Charger R/Ts (all Chargers are automatics) and it works for them.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 AM

Ok thanks Mot250. Will find out forsure someday!

Quick Reply: esp, trac. control