Notices
Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

esp, trac. control

Old 02-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: esp, trac. control

So hold it in for about 8 seconds and it turns it off(down to 20%) until you cycle the ignition(turn it off and later start it up and drive). Is that more precise ? Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 AM

Okay-
Holding the button for 8 - 10 seconds will completely disable ESP on the SRTs. As noted, a chime will sound when it's disabled.

There IS a way to completely disable ESP on the R/Ts. It was mentioned in another forum and if I remember correctly, was done using the button and turning the ignition key on and off. The exact steps / details escape me at the moment. I'd go to the other forum, but for whatever reason, it's "filtered" here at work so I don't have access to that site right now. If you want to look at the other forum and do a search, I'm sure you can find the thread(s) that cover this.

Regardless, you need to completely disable ESP EACH TIME you start the car. The program is turned on by default each time the car is turned off and then on again. I haven't used my Diablo to try to change this - if it's even possible.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: mot250

I can't speak for the R/T autos but you can turn it all the way off in the manuals by starting the car, getting it rolling then turning the key to start again and holding it there for a few seconds until you hear a chime and the ESB/BAS/traction control warning indicators light up on the dash. The starter will not re-engage while the car is running because a solenoid prevents it.

This should, however, work for the autos as well as I know from others with Charger R/Ts (all Chargers are automatics) and it works for them.
yes, this works for the R/T automatics. Tried it last weekend.